insurances

Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

stacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant future
Default insurances

hi
could anyone please help

kids dont want to sell their play stations etc can they be used out in Australia? what stuff wouldnt work? sorry if it is a bit like a thicko question...

Also went to post office today sending off passports etc and was asked if i would like to by travel insurance? then when i told her what we was doing , she then told me that the insurance wouldnt cover us as we are going one way, is this going to be one of those situations of having to find a company who will cover you? i cant not have insurance as its a bit dodgy paying for flights for 6 of us and then ba cancel their flights!!

any ideas

head has got so much going on cant even think of where to start.!!!!!

theres me thinking the flight bit was going to be the easy bit to sort out....
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insurances

Hi Stacey,

As far as I know the playstation will work with an adaptor, but beware that you may well have to buy all new games from the UK because the same region issues that effect DVD's also can effect games.

You will probably have to do a bit of a search for a company who will cover you for one way travel insurance - can't remember them off the top of my head, but if I find details of any I'll come back and post here.

Suzi
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

This should help:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...avel+insurance
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

stacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant future

thanks for that

a big help to us!!!:
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:22 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stacey31
thanks for that

a big help to us!!!:
playstation will work...what I did was I brought loads of 6 bar extensions so ll I had yo do was change the plug on the extension instead of the individual items.

www.insureandgo.co.uk was who we used for insurance
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

i wouldnt have thought about doing that!

but thats probably because i have no brain cells left after having 4 kids and doing the TRA.

many thanks
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

psx will work here no problems if it's chipped it will play AUS games no problem.Brought my ps2 i just bought a new mains lead from crazy clarks so did not have to change the plug
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:06 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey31
hi
could anyone please help

kids dont want to sell their play stations etc can they be used out in Australia? what stuff wouldnt work? sorry if it is a bit like a thicko question...

Also went to post office today sending off passports etc and was asked if i would like to by travel insurance? then when i told her what we was doing , she then told me that the insurance wouldnt cover us as we are going one way, is this going to be one of those situations of having to find a company who will cover you? i cant not have insurance as its a bit dodgy paying for flights for 6 of us and then ba cancel their flights!!

any ideas

head has got so much going on cant even think of where to start.!!!!!

theres me thinking the flight bit was going to be the easy bit to sort out....
A UK PS 2 is PAL so should not be a problem with Oz software, but others have answered that.
Post Office will do one way insurance for not much more than 100 pounds (if I remember correctly). This covers you for about 14 days.
Good luck sorting everything out!
Steve