Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

insurance values etc

insurance values etc

Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default insurance values etc

I was wondering when you guys was looking at insuring your stuff when shipping to oz if you could not find an item like it in oz what did you value the item/s for did you add a little extra or add a % to the price you had paid for the item?
And when listing items for shippers and or customs when getting quotes i have many little gadgets,small items what did they come under i have wrote down all items im taking but its easy when its like plasma,home bar,stools,mirrors etc etc,what does other stuff come under,i suppose this could be asked when shippers come to quote me or do they need to know this before they come
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insurance values etc

You need to insure everything for replacement cost, eg you container falls overboard and you need to start afresh. If you insure for half the real value then you can only claim half the replacement cost.You don't need to itemise every last thing, but group similar thing together, eg 10 gadgets, total £100 and don't include any one thing worth £80. Count things like shirts, shoes, and use an average price to work out a total. Keep as many receipts as possible separately, eg scanned online. It's a pain but makes claiming much easier.