Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Insurance for shipping?

Wikiposts

Insurance for shipping?

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point

For what it's worth, we didn't insure either.... A lot of what we brought over was irreplaceable.

And everything arrived safely!! The only thing that was broken was a plastic crate - which we didn't mean to get packed in the first place!

Nicola.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 8:59 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance for shipping?

Originally posted by yafm
This is actually the complete opposite of what one of the reps told me (I can't remember which one I wish I could) but as it was a man it is not one of the companies I may choose.
He said that the containers you see on the boats are all empty and are just ballast the full containers are below decks.? Why would he say that
yes ,gf [general freight] containers ,machinery ,food products ,and most importables ,these containers can weigh on average around 20tons on a20footer ,and on. They go down the bottom, they then graduate to light plus m/t,s on the upper tiers. They dont happen to mention that , most shippers freight con solidate in the port of singapore,were as if your container is on a,japan bound ship it will be removed in singapore ,and loaded on to a, say japan to aust ,ship of the same line, the average hhg[household goods container hits around the 5-8ton mark [and believe this] uni proffs,doct,s lawyers,with lots of books push the upper limits................... MM
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:22 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Thanks Mr M

with regard to their offer for a longer and cheaper transit (going via suez) would be more probably be a direct route) sorry I am useless at geography.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:47 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
Thanks Mr M

with regard to their offer for a longer and cheaper transit (going via suez) would be more probably be a direct route) sorry I am useless at geography.
I have never heard of this , prehaps its some u.k sales pitch,like the express train or the train that stops every were,? the thing ,[i prehaps should,nt mention this ] with large removal companys ,is that most [im not sure in the u.k] are self insurers ,that is they cover their damages ,we have 50 branches in oz ,also branches in N,Z , they pay into an insurance pool, which they all pay into annually the branches with higher claims ,pay more untill they pull into line, the main thing is things get done [most insurance companys would,nt touch a removal company] i would assume that this goe,s on in the u.k ? the less damages that occur the more goes into the end of year profits........... MM ps yes its quicker ,through the suez,