Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

insurance for a pregnant lady

insurance for a pregnant lady

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future
Default insurance for a pregnant lady

Right Guys i'm having a bit of a breakdown today, having booked our flights for us to travel the day after Johns contract expires i now find that i cant get any bloody travel insurance as i will be 28 weeks and 1 day pregnant when i travel, one company even said to me that i would be a liability, god knows what they'd have said if they'd met me:scared:

So now i'm a seriously pissed off little lynnj with a numb bum and telephone ear from searching the internet and phoning insurance companies.

I dont suppose anyone knows of anyone who has been in the same position ie over 28 weeks and found a sympathetic insurance company, or is no body else as mad as we are.

Desperate and in need of a drink

Lynn
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:24 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insurance for a pregnant lady

Originally posted by lynnj

Lynn
Don't worry I'll have one for you. In fact I'm feeling generous I might have two
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Thankyou Matt, i can feel my stress levels lessening already.

Lynn
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:30 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Matt, i can feel my stress levels lessening already.

Lynn
There you go who said men can be thoughtless and incosiderate .
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: insurance for a pregnant lady

Right Guys i'm having a bit of a breakdown today, having booked our flights for us to travel the day after Johns contract expires i now find that i cant get any bloody travel insurance as i will be 28 weeks and 1 day pregnant when i travel, one company even said to me that i would be a liability, god knows what they'd have said if they'd met me:scared:

So now i'm a seriously pissed off little lynnj with a numb bum and telephone ear from searching the internet and phoning insurance companies.

I dont suppose anyone knows of anyone who has been in the same position ie over 28 weeks and found a sympathetic insurance company, or is no body else as mad as we are.

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

Have just been looking on the internet (seriously bored at work!) and have found a website
www.careforthepregnantwoman.com
This has a section on travel insurance and I see that one apparently will insure up to 32 weeks - www.onlinetravelgroup.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Nicola
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nicola

Thanks so much for that, i'm very glad that you were having a quiet day at work, i had managed eventually to get a couple of quotes but thanks to you i got a quote less than half the cost through navigator insurance.

Stress gone, day wasted, thanks again

Lynn
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicola

Thanks so much for that, i'm very glad that you were having a quiet day at work, i had managed eventually to get a couple of quotes but thanks to you i got a quote less than half the cost through navigator insurance.

Lynn
You're welcome
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 5:57 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Nicola

Lynn
Hi Lynn,
me & most importantly my wife will be in the same situation as yoursef in April, if all goes well. We plan to fl out to Oz to validate our visa's and have our baby out there, during a bit of a long holiday.(As long as the visa comes through before then. )

Do you have links or contact details to the company's that have offered you insurance?

How do company's that offer family holiday insurance for 12 months go on??

All the best.
Markeh
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Markeh

The problem i had was most of the companies that cover over 26 weeks dont do one way policies, but you may have more luck with round trip cover, most anual multi trip policies restrict the duration of each trip to 30 days or in some cases 60 days but then you wouldnt need cover in oz as you would be entitled to medicare and would be a resident so would be able to take out home contents insurance etc...

the comapany i have finally gone with are called navigator see www.navigatortravel.co.uk and a 3 day one way policy with them costs £28 pp and they will cover up to 30 weeks, thomas cook and also a local broker found policies that would cover up to 8 weeks prior to expected date of delivery but were quite a bit more expensive.

I explained about airline restrictions in your original pregnancy thread, i hope that helps.

Good luck with everything, i'll post my experiences of the health care system once we get there and find out what we have to do.

Lynn
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:07 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Markeh

The problem i had was most of the companies that cover over 26 weeks dont do one way policies, but you may have more luck with round trip cover, most anual multi trip policies restrict the duration of each trip to 30 days or in some cases 60 days but then you wouldnt need cover in oz as you would be entitled to medicare and would be a resident so would be able to take out home contents insurance etc...

the comapany i have finally gone with are called navigator see www.navigatortravel.co.uk and a 3 day one way policy with them costs £28 pp and they will cover up to 30 weeks, thomas cook and also a local broker found policies that would cover up to 8 weeks prior to expected date of delivery but were quite a bit more expensive.

I explained about airline restrictions in your original pregnancy thread, i hope that helps.

Good luck with everything, i'll post my experiences of the health care system once we get there and find out what we have to do.

Lynn
Lynn,
thanks for the advice. Keep us posted as to how you get on.
My wife is now more determined to give birth in Australia than before.
I hope it all goes well & good luck with the birth.

Do you know if it's / they are boy's or girls?:confused
Have you seen them on scans?:confused

Bye for now
Markeh:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what stopped us going 14 years ago.Doctor said Row could have our baby in Bombay somehow I could not see our Chris in a turban.Before any PC.s moan we have friends who are Indian our Chris worked for them!!

In a way it was a relief that we couldn't fly as it didn't really feel right at that time for me at least although I couldn't admit it:scared: