Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Insurance - Letton Percival etc - breakages packing/unpacking

Insurance - Letton Percival etc - breakages packing/unpacking

Old Oct 7th 2010, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Insurance - Letton Percival etc - breakages packing/unpacking

We're moving with Allied Pickfords but, following recommendations on here, I got a quote from Letton Percival (1.6% ratherthan 3.5%).

I've read through the LP policy (just waiting for AP policy to compare) and the insurance starts from the goods leaving my house in Singapore and ends when they arrive at house in Perth. This seems to imply that breakages etc during packing/unpacking are not covered.

Anyone had issues with this? I don't suppose we have anything especially fragile but even so.......
Old Oct 9th 2010, 2:40 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance - Letton Percival etc - breakages packing/unpacking

Originally Posted by Family of 3
We're moving with Allied Pickfords but, following recommendations on here, I got a quote from Letton Percival (1.6% ratherthan 3.5%).

I've read through the LP policy (just waiting for AP policy to compare) and the insurance starts from the goods leaving my house in Singapore and ends when they arrive at house in Perth. This seems to imply that breakages etc during packing/unpacking are not covered.

Anyone had issues with this? I don't suppose we have anything especially fragile but even so.......
I think you will find it is solely Transit insurance, will not cover storage or unpacking in your new home , prehaps get them to include your un packing.
Allieds insurance is total cover ,hence the extra cost..........MM
Old Oct 9th 2010, 3:37 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Insurance - Letton Percival etc - breakages packing/unpacking

Originally Posted by Family of 3

We used LP (though we didn't end up claiming for anything). They do not cover breakages during packing and unpacking, which is fair enough because you are expected to be present when this occurs.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

hi

i moved with pickfords and got them to match percivals quote

which they were more than happy to do , i thought it would be easier to keep everything in house as well just in case something went wrong
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

We used Letton Percival for our insurance and did have to claim and had no problems whatsoever. We would highly recommend them.

Nikki
Old Oct 9th 2010, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Alternatively use Insure your move. We did and had to make a claim for some broken drawers, dvd player that would not work (and the cost of getting a quote for fixing it). There was no excess as we had used an approved mover and we just needed to let them know the amount it came to and they paid it into our UK bank account within a week. All very easy.
It did cover the packing and unpacking too as long as the approved removalist did it.
Was slightly cheaper than Letton Percival and you could also cover the cost of transportation should an item be damaged that can not be replaced in Australia.