Reload this Page >

Insurance HELP!!!!!

Insurance HELP!!!!!

Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance HELP!!!!!

Hi yawl
We are flying out on Mon 25th Staying 4 nights in Singapore then on to Melbourne arriving 31st July.
The problem is that we cant seem to get any insurance for the dates above. All the companies we have spoken to state that we have to leave the Uk and return for them to be able to insure us.
Can anyone help? What has everyone else done??
regards Chris and Andrea
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Re: Insurance HELP!!!!!

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
Hi yawl
We are flying out on Mon 25th Staying 4 nights in Singapore then on to Melbourne arriving 31st July.
The problem is that we cant seem to get any insurance for the dates above. All the companies we have spoken to state that we have to leave the Uk and return for them to be able to insure us.
regards Chris and Andrea
Hi Chris and Andrea,

Do u mean travel / cancelation insurance (bags, if u are sick when u have to leave) or health insurance for the trip?
I did my insurance through my credit card company. It automatically insures me for cancellation / luggage loss if i pay my flight with it.

Maybe check with them?

fabie
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi yawl
regards Chris and Andrea
Had the same trouble but eventually used these whom I can recommend...

http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/

They also cover the first 17 days in Aus before Medicare kicks in.

There are one or two other options that others may come up with too.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hi Chris and Andrea,

Do u mean travel / cancelation insurance (bags, if u are sick when u have to leave) or health insurance for the trip?
I did my insurance through my credit card company. It automatically insures me for cancellation / luggage loss if i pay my flight with it.

Maybe check with them?

fabie
Its more overall insurance to cover loss, damage, and illness till we actually arrive in OZ.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:33 am
ABCDiamond

This one quotes for it:

http://www.duinsure.com/sites/duinsu...avel_insurance

We are one of only a few insurers that provide one way cover and it is FREE! All you need to do is purchase the type of policy you require, and then add 'one way cover' as an extension when purchasing your policy.

Another benefit of this policy is that you don't need to travel directly from the UK to your final destination. You can enjoy your time travelling the world
over without the need to hurry home before you have seen all you want to.

The final, and perhaps most important benefit, is that you will be repatriated (sent to your final destination) if you should be seriously injured or should death occur. This is a very important aspect of care for those of you who are travelling home after living/working in the UK for a period of time

Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Its more overall insurance to cover loss, damage, and illness till we actually arrive in OZ.
We did ours throught the Post Office. I'm sure there are others but ours was arranged at the last minute and the Post Office was convenient. Can't remember the cost but I do remember thinking how reasonable it seemed at the time
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
Had the same trouble but eventually used these whom I can recommend...

http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/

They also cover the first 17 days in Aus before Medicare kicks in.

There are one or two other options that others may come up with too.
Thanks for that just spoken to them paid by switch and we are now insured!!! Another worry out of the way. It just goes to show you how good this site is. I think It has taken me twenty mins in total from my first post to a resolution to the problem. Many thanks
Regards Chris and Andrea
Hopefully see yawl on the other side.