Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Insurance, which company?

Insurance, which company?

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Insurance, which company?

Just had a quote for car and home insurance and I could not believe the cost compared with NZ

Which company have a good policy and a good price?

Ian
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance, which company?

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Just had a quote for car and home insurance and I could not believe the cost compared with NZ

Which company have a good policy and a good price?

Ian
We used to be with Vero but now with AAMI for both car and home. I think the prices are quite competitive.

Mrs JTL
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

[QUOTE=JackTheLad;4315508]We used to be with Vero but now with AAMI for both car and home. I think the prices are quite competitive.

Mrs JTL[/QUOT

you only get whot you pay for
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
We used to be with Vero but now with AAMI for both car and home. I think the prices are quite competitive.

Mrs JTL
The problem that I'm finding is they take the youngest driver first and base the quote on that, all well and good but Sharon has just passed her test so most of the quotes are over $1200

I've had one that just put her as a named driver which came in a $475 fully comp, looks like I'll have to take that one eh!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

The problem that I'm finding is they take the youngest driver first and base the quote on that, all well and good but Sharon has just passed her test so most of the quotes are over $1200

I've had one that just put her as a named driver which came in a $475 fully comp, looks like I'll have to take that one eh!

When I did hubby's insurance I put him down as the main driver, and they said anyone else can drive the car providing they are over 25. I think it was an extra option in there that somewhere. That's with AAMI. Cost him around $400 for the year on a '97 Ford Falcon with a full body kit.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
When I did hubby's insurance I put him down as the main driver, and they said anyone else can drive the car providing they are over 25. I think it was an extra option in there that somewhere. That's with AAMI. Cost him around $400 for the year on a '97 Ford Falcon with a full body kit.
Yeah, I have fully comp with AAMI, and Mrs JTL is learning to drive on that insurance. I think its about $450. Errr and yeah, she is over 25 Dammit
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I have fully comp with AAMI, and Mrs JTL is learning to drive on that insurance. I think its about $450. Errr and yeah, she is over 25 Dammit

Oh, she's sooooo gonna kill you for that
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:40 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

RACQ were pretty competitive. I have a higher excess than hubby (passed about 18 months ago).

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wendy
Oh, she's sooooo gonna kill you for that
He's dead!

Mrs JTL, a new widow on the block
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

He's dead!

Mrs JTL, a new widow on the block
AAMI for us too. $379 for Oliver, fully comp