Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Insurance claim - any builders Perth?

Insurance claim - any builders Perth?

Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance claim - any builders Perth?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Really? The claims assessor who works for some company hired by Westpac said I had to do it all myself.

I am going to call Westpac and talk to them.
Apart from when I lodged the claim, I have had no dealings with Westpac at all. Basically the insurance assessor has been my point of contact. She came around the day after the house flooded, and by later that day she had arranged for the carpet people to come out with fans etc.

About a week later she arranged for a builder to come over and prepare a quote, and a second builder as well. I have not seen the quotes, but she has now given the job to the second builder.....who I was quite happy with (I would have been happy with either).

Not sure what happens next - the builder is coming over to talk to me. We are going to have some additional work done and pay for it ourselves, so we just need to work things out with him directly.

Sounds like you have a very lazy assessor!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Apr 19th 2010, 12:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
Apart from when I lodged the claim, I have had no dealings with Westpac at all. Basically the insurance assessor has been my point of contact. She came around the day after the house flooded, and by later that day she had arranged for the carpet people to come out with fans etc.

About a week later she arranged for a builder to come over and prepare a quote, and a second builder as well. I have not seen the quotes, but she has now given the job to the second builder.....who I was quite happy with (I would have been happy with either).

Not sure what happens next - the builder is coming over to talk to me. We are going to have some additional work done and pay for it ourselves, so we just need to work things out with him directly.

Sounds like you have a very lazy assessor!

Love

Rudi
x
Im not happy, I dont know where to begin and have had no help whatsoever.

Im going to phone Westpac and tell them if they dont sort it, I will insist on a higher settlement figure and cancel my policy.

I really do not need this at the moment , in fact to say I am pissed off is an understatement. Lucky for him, he has caught me at a bad time and if he doesnt come to the table pretty quickly, he is going to get the brunt of it.

Its his job for gods sake, lazy bastard.

Was yours storm damage Rudi?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im not happy, I dont know where to begin and have had no help whatsoever.

Im going to phone Westpac and tell them if they dont sort it, I will insist on a higher settlement figure and cancel my policy.

I really do not need this at the moment , in fact to say I am pissed off is an understatement. Lucky for him, he has caught me at a bad time and if he doesnt come to the table pretty quickly, he is going to get the brunt of it.

Its his job for gods sake, lazy bastard.

Was yours storm damage Rudi?
No, not storm damage.....flood damage as a result of the pipe feeding into the toilet cistern breaking. Came home to a couple of hours of water spewing out all over the house. At least it was clean water.

How about you?

My biggest problem is my daughter's health at the moment. They dried out the carpets etc, but she has been so sick since about a week after it happened. I am sure there must be mould or something causing it. I am chasing that one today to see what can be done.

love

Rudi
x
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:32 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
No, not storm damage.....flood damage as a result of the pipe feeding into the toilet cistern breaking. Came home to a couple of hours of water spewing out all over the house. At least it was clean water.

How about you?

My biggest problem is my daughter's health at the moment. They dried out the carpets etc, but she has been so sick since about a week after it happened. I am sure there must be mould or something causing it. I am chasing that one today to see what can be done.

love

Rudi
x
I have a strong allergy to mould, makes me very sick - it was off the scale in my allergy tests so it is worth you checking out.

Yep mine is storm damage.