Insurance

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Mike123456 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance

Just had my container arrive in Brisbane and the TV isn't working.
Contacted the shipper only to be told that I'm not covered for
internal damage to electrical items. The TV was working on the
day of packing as the packers had iti on all day. I paid extra for a crate as well. They dismantled the tv and stand and told me the delivery people at
this end would put it back together. Yeah right! It took me a week to
reassemble it, without the instructions.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do?

Thanks in advance
:curse:
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance

Well, you can take it to a TV repair shop. But chances are they can't fix it.

Insurers have a name for it: Mechanical derangement. Pretty common apparently if you move and shake electrical appliances. You can take insurance out for it provided your electrical applicance is under 6 years old, but obviously you didn't do that.

Best to chalk that one up to experience. Then do the rounds of Harvey Norman, Good Guys, Rick Hart and look for a replacement.