Wikiposts

Insurance

Old May 21st 2004, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sunny spells
for that much stuff, you could probably take it on the plane with you, and even if you had to pay excess luggage, would still be cheaper than paying a relocator....

but then again you said you had the relocators in already,
so I am not sure as to how much you are taking with you...
Believe me there is still plenty of stuff....sure I'm going to regret taking it...but what the hey it was £1600 so didn't think it was too bad ...got lots of kitchen stuff and the hoover things like that.

One thing though I'm not sure if I should have taken the microwave...too late now but I hope they are as cheap in Oz as they are here!
Old May 21st 2004, 4:27 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Insurance

Originally posted by Gryff
Off to Brisbane....getting scared now! They have just left with all my belongings (not my laptop though thats on the plane with me!). When and where are you going?

Still can't get over how easy it was.

Now I'd better get posting more...you're winning me!!!!!
We're going to Brisbane as well although I recon we're around a year away yet. Our application has been a little more complicated because of my step son. Am currently going through the courts in order to get permission to remove him from England. It's not going to be a show stopper but it's delaying us and costing loads of money. Did I mention my dislike for solicitor as much as Insurance companies.

Please let me know what it's like when you get out there, getting really jealous and impatient now.
Old May 21st 2004, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by elksa
We're going to Brisbane as well although I recon we're around a year away yet. Our application has been a little more complicated because of my step son. Am currently going through the courts in order to get permission to remove him from England. It's not going to be a show stopper but it's delaying us and costing loads of money. Did I mention my dislike for solicitor as much as Insurance companies.

Please let me know what it's like when you get out there, getting really jealous and impatient now.
hmmmmmmmm.....methinks I am gonna have a fight through the courts when we tell my ex of our plans to emigrate, darent tell her yet till we get some idea as to when we will be going, she will only play the guilt thing on us and the lil'un and spoil all the looking forward to going.
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:32 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

For the 2 of you taking the court path read Krissys post about the ex saying no and court experiences.

That is a very full on thread and what which gets many peoples opinions flying. Food for thought thats all
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:46 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Originally posted by ianj
For the 2 of you taking the court path read Krissys post about the ex saying no and court experiences.

That is a very full on thread and what which gets many peoples opinions flying. Food for thought thats all
Thanks for the advice IanJ. I have read Krissys post, however, our situation is a little different because my sons (I say son because he's all but in every way except blood) father lives in Greece and has had absolutely no contact with him for 7 years.

Cheers.
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:56 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Originally posted by trainee_pilot
hmmmmmmmm.....methinks I am gonna have a fight through the courts when we tell my ex of our plans to emigrate, darent tell her yet till we get some idea as to when we will be going, she will only play the guilt thing on us and the lil'un and spoil all the looking forward to going.
hmmmmmmmm...methinks your right. Sorry to put a dampener on things pilot but I don't envy your situation. Don't you think it would be better to mention things now before you all get your hopes up only to maybe get them knocked back down again. The courts (rightly or wrongly) normally favour the mother in family proceedings. The family solictiors are also very expensive. So far our case has cost £1700 and we're lucky because my sons natural father doesn't care and hasn't bothered trying to persue the matter.
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:57 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Originally posted by trainee_pilot
Just wanted to say best of luck pilot I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Forgot to mention it in the previous post.
Old May 22nd 2004, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by elksa
Just wanted to say best of luck pilot I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Forgot to mention it in the previous post.

thanks for the messages, well daughter is 11 and she wants to come, neither of us has custody as it wasnt an issue when we divorced and she stops with us 50-50 so not sure how that will work out.
If it was t'other way round then i would wish my girl the best in her new life, after all its only 24 hrs away and not like shes leaving the planet and web cams are wonderful things for keepng in touch with friends/family etc. But if she decides not to come with us then im sure she will be over for xmas and summer hold etc.