Insurance

Old Sep 4th 2002, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Insurance

Hi everyone
Have been trying to get one way insurance , what a joke!!!!
Have tried the post office as someone had suggested on here they said no , they dont do a one way journey , you have to have a return date to the UK. Tried MASTA nope the same need a return date. Then tried our local insurance brokers , nope again you need a return date. MASTA told me to get in touch with ABI , they then gave me a list of companies to try . In price they have so far been as cheap as £77 ( kids are free ) upto £170 , kids where free again.
Has anyone been in touch with anymore companies , we only paid £90 for the year last year what a rip off!!!
Joanne
Old Sep 4th 2002, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Insurance

I asked this question previously and someone said American Express, even if you dont have one of their cards. It also might be worth trying who ever you booked the flights with.
We are in a strange situation as we have a return ticket as originally we were just going for a look and now my Husband has been offered a job so we are staying.
My Insurance Company has suggested I get either a one trip or annual policy as normal and then just dont come back.
I think that seems a bit dodgy but he says its all above board!

Let me know if you get any bright ides please!!

Good Luck
Nicki (jasmin)
Originally posted by jopaulss:
Hi everyone
Have tried the post office as someone had suggested on here they said no , they dont do a one way journey , you have to have a return date to the UK. Tried MASTA nope the same need a return date. Then tried our local insurance brokers , nope again you need a return date. MASTA told me to get in touch with ABI , they then gave me a list of companies to try . In price they have so far been as cheap as £77 ( kids are free ) upto £170 , kids where free again.
Has anyone been in touch with anymore companies , we only paid £90 for the year last year what a rip off!!!
Joanne
Old Sep 4th 2002, 2:33 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jasmin:

My Insurance Company has suggested I get either a one trip or annual policy as normal and then just dont come back.
I think that seems a bit dodgy but he says its all above board!

Good Luck
Nicki (jasmin)
We travelled on single tickets and checked with insurance company - they said our normal (AA) annual insurance would cover us until the moment we put the keys in the door of our accomodation. The dodgy bit seemed to be that we had to pretend we planned on coming back! We couldn't inform them that we were planning an extended stay! In the end because we had difficulty (and high costs) we decided to use this and sorted out personal contents insurance the next day with NRMA. Ok not perfect I know - how about contacting an insurance company here in Aus (some quite expensive) and seeing whether you can arrange the insurance from this end - like an annual policy or such like and then at least you might have the benefit of the travel insurance for the rest of the year. Good Luck
Old Sep 4th 2002, 2:43 pm
ian
Ping Pom

ian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joanne
We got our one way insurance (cover length 3 days) from www.ebookers.com, although I am still waiting for policy documents.

I can send you the policy cover (word docment) if you want a look.

It cost us £55 for a family of 4.

ian

Hi everyone
Joanne
Old Sep 8th 2002, 9:14 am
Dave

Hi everyone
Joanne
Qantas do 31 days one way migrant cover for £35 each so you are covered for your first months as well which is useful for things like public liability cover which you normally only get when you take out house insurance.
You don't need to travel with them. The contact details are on a previous posting I made.
Cheers
Dave