Reload this Page >

Insects - helppp!

Insects - helppp!

Old Mar 6th 2005, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Scoofy will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Insects - helppp!

Hi everyone,

We have been in Sydney for a week now, planning to travel around and settle in 1 of the big cities: Syd, Perth or Brisbane.
On our first night here, we found that out apartment was practically taken over by cockroaches! They were everywhere... I didn't sleep at all. Luckily the pest control guy came, and they should be gone now (i hope).

Still, this has really had a bad effect on my experience so far... we were really looking forward to move to Oz, but now I am wondering if I will be able to cope with all the creepy crawlies out there
Also, when walking around parks I can spot these huge webs with scary black&yellow looking spiders in them, and I dread the day I will find them in our apartment!

So I hope you guys can share some of your experiences with me: do you get cockroaches, spiders, snakes... on a regular basis?? Do you really have to clean up immediately after every drop you spill, or you can expect an infestation?
Also, would Perth or Brisbane be worse for insects than Sydney, given these are hotter cities?

Thanks for sharing your experience... I would really like to know what to expect, so I can be prepared!
Old Mar 6th 2005, 6:35 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Insects - helppp!

Originally Posted by Scoofy
Hi everyone,

We have been in Sydney for a week now, planning to travel around and settle in 1 of the big cities: Syd, Perth or Brisbane.
On our first night here, we found that out apartment was practically taken over by cockroaches! They were everywhere... I didn't sleep at all. Luckily the pest control guy came, and they should be gone now (i hope).

Still, this has really had a bad effect on my experience so far... we were really looking forward to move to Oz, but now I am wondering if I will be able to cope with all the creepy crawlies out there
Also, when walking around parks I can spot these huge webs with scary black&yellow looking spiders in them, and I dread the day I will find them in our apartment!

So I hope you guys can share some of your experiences with me: do you get cockroaches, spiders, snakes... on a regular basis?? Do you really have to clean up immediately after every drop you spill, or you can expect an infestation?
Also, would Perth or Brisbane be worse for insects than Sydney, given these are hotter cities?

Thanks for sharing your experience... I would really like to know what to expect, so I can be prepared!
We have our house sprayed every year, and have very little to do with cockroaches, spiders and other insects.

Keep the house reasonably clean, and you should be OK. I have known houses where people were not cleaning up at all, and were infested with them. Even in a block of units I once lived in, one unit was infested the rest were sort of OK, but got even better when the old tenants moved out !

Don't panic