insect eggs

Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of
Default insect eggs

Since moving into our new house I have noticed small brown patches on my windows outside and also on the roof of my alfresco that contain tiny eggs. they are easy to rub off but I am wondering what they are from.

Does anyone have an idea of what type of insect would lay them.

Bobby
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: insect eggs

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Since moving into our new house I have noticed small brown patches on my windows outside and also on the roof of my alfresco that contain tiny eggs. they are easy to rub off but I am wondering what they are from.

Bobby
They're lawn grubs. The red-brown insect hovering above the lawn is part of the cycle. Kill the lawn grub and the problem goes away for a while.

WW
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Bobby
We have had a lot of those too. We even had one on the study ceiling. The ones we have are from moths. I was a bit concerned at first as I wasnt sure what they were but the one in the study appeared after we had a moth in there. That confirmed what others had said. Thank God, I thought they were spiders or something !!!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:50 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

They could be from any number of insects/flying anooying horrible bugs.

I would suggest that you get some spray or something to do around your windows/doors, outdoor areas (sounds horrible and not too children friendly but having lots of cockraoches and stuff around your house ain't very nice either.

You can use simple aerosol spray cans that you can get from the supeer market (surface spray ones - even the cheap home brand ones are OK).

If you have a larger house/yard or a lot of areas you might consider a trip to Bunnings or similar to get a mix-up larger area spray to keepo the bugs etc in check!

Well worth it otherwise the problem will persist (especially in wet weather like it has been when lots of little bugs look for cool.dry.warm places ......like your windows!!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

I live in N Queensland and once laid out my (clean) undies on the bed to put on after my shower. After showering I was just about to put them on when I saw they had a nice neat triangle of godknowswhat eggs on them

Another time I wrapped a sarong around me that had been hanging over our deck rail (too hot/humid for clothes), and felt a prickle around my balls Anyway I had a look and found a huge spikey insect thig crawling over them I've heard of crabs, but this is ridiculous - oh the joys of living in the tropics!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Bobby
Lawn grubs, get some spray from Bunnings to spray your lawns, we were away for 6 days snd came back and found lawn grubs had ate most of our newly laid lawn. Look at the leaves of the grass and you will see tear marks where they have been eaten, the other thing is flood an area of the grass with the hose (pending water shortage) and look for the little grubs to surface, they dont like to be in very wet conditins.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:41 am
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

definately moths eggs. we have loads of then, actually seen moths squeezing the stuff outta their ar**s . I just use a mop with detergent to get them down.
Goodluck.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

More on the lawn grubs, moths & wasp cycle here

http://www.jimboombaturf.com.au/turf..._lawngrubs.htm

http://www.tanbyturf.com.au/site-weed.html

WW
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grossenbol
definately moths eggs. we have loads of then, actually seen moths squeezing the stuff outta their ar**s . I just use a mop with detergent to get them down.
Goodluck.
Must be loads of teh buggers round our way. We live not too far from you and have been plagued with them!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:20 am
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Olias
I live in N Queensland and once laid out my (clean) undies on the bed to put on after my shower. After showering I was just about to put them on when I saw they had a nice neat triangle of godknowswhat eggs on them

Another time I wrapped a sarong around me that had been hanging over our deck rail (too hot/humid for clothes), and felt a prickle around my balls Anyway I had a look and found a huge spikey insect thig crawling over them I've heard of crabs, but this is ridiculous - oh the joys of living in the tropics!
ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!