Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Injured possum help!

Injured possum help!

Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Injured possum help!

We just got home and theres a possum sitting outside the house, looks like it fell out of a tree and cant move Can anyone tell me if there is anyone we can ring or anything we should do?
Thanks guys, this is an urgent one
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:43 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Injured possum help!

Originally Posted by kellyjs
We just got home and theres a possum sitting outside the house, looks like it fell out of a tree and cant move Can anyone tell me if there is anyone we can ring or anything we should do?

Only thing I can find is a free helpline for wildlife warriors

Freecall (Australia Only) 1800 33 43 50

Hope he / she is just winded.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Call the RSPCA on 1300 852 188 or if you have an animal hospital near you perhaps see if you can get the possum in a box and take it in there.

Let us know how it goes it is horrible when you find injured wildlife
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:46 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Wires for NSW, but I don't think that you are.

http://www.wires.org.au/

Hope you manage to get him some help.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, I bloody love you lot! I tried the RSPCA and left a message. Then went back out to see if it had moved, also a bit worried as our road is pitch black and it was in the side of the road so could've been run over
Anyway I wrapped it in a towel and then got a call from Redland wildlife centre who are coming to pick it up in half an hour Theres my good deed for the day, I never thought I would get so close to a possum! Thanks sooooooooo much for your very fast response and as always spot on help
Kelly and the possum xxxxx (Lets hope it stays ok )
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:08 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well done Kelly, fingers crossed for the poor wee guy
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, I bloody love you lot! I tried the RSPCA and left a message. Then went back out to see if it had moved, also a bit worried as our road is pitch black and it was in the side of the road so could've been run over
Anyway I wrapped it in a towel and then got a call from Redland wildlife centre who are coming to pick it up in half an hour Theres my good deed for the day, I never thought I would get so close to a possum! Thanks sooooooooo much for your very fast response and as always spot on help
Excellent news, let us know if you get any further news! I hope it will have a happy ending
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Wow, that you managed to get so close to him isn't a good sign. Those guys have claws.

I hope it's a happy outcome. Well done for rescuing the little guy.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iPom
Wow, that you managed to get so close to him isn't a good sign. Those guys have claws.

I hope it's a happy outcome. Well done for rescuing the little guy.
They just turned up and took him and we got to chatting and they suggested I volunteer ..so going to become a bat rescuer! lol...
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

It was a boy by the way, in really good condition and they couldnt believe how calm he was with no signs of injury..probably stunned or hit by a car. They are taking him to get cecked out by a vet ;-)
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

They just turned up and took him and we got to chatting and they suggested I volunteer ..so going to become a bat rescuer! lol...

Aw, lovely! Good for you!

A boy, eh? Like putty in your hands... you obviously have the right touch.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iPom
Aw, lovely! Good for you!

A boy, eh? Like putty in your hands... you obviously have the right touch.
ye must be me hormones he he he ..I am so happy hes alright! For future reference to anyone looking for a rescue centre in the Redlands its Wildlife Rescue 24 hour call out...3833 4031..Thats made my week and I am now gonna open the vino!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Well done Kelly, hows it going down there?

Mick n Claire
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:03 pm
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough

Well done.

Karma sent for being caring enough to help.

JKA
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:08 pm
The Godfather

You now have to PM a mod Kelly & change your name to Batwoman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.