ING Direct

Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:15 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default ING Direct

I am interested in finding out whether anyone has any experience with ING Direct for savings accounts? In the past I have not dealt with a financial institution that is entirely online.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ING Direct

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I am interested in finding out whether anyone has any experience with ING Direct for savings accounts? In the past I have not dealt with a financial institution that is entirely online.
I have an ING Direct account for savings, and also had their everyday account. Found them great and no different to a bank with physical branches. (I never go to a branch for my ANZ accounts anyway). ING have excellent Internet banking and service is there on the phone if you need.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:48 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadaeh
I have an ING Direct account for savings, and also had their everyday account. Found them great and no different to a bank with physical branches. (I never go to a branch for my ANZ accounts anyway). ING have excellent Internet banking and service is there on the phone if you need.
Thanks

I take it there is no difference with transferring funds, bpay etc to normal major institutions?
Old Mar 16th 2013, 12:53 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I deal with a savings account entirely online and have had absolutely no problems (and no problems with Bpay etc)
Old Mar 16th 2013, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

I had an account with them a few years ago they were fine. Only problem is now they are not offering a competitive interest rate.

Best at the mo are ME Bank (12 month intro rate of 5.1%) or Ubank ongoing rate of 4.99%.

They all have some restrictions you just have to live with it as the funds are guaranteed by gov anyway.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 3:08 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

ME Bank is 5.1% only if you do it by 31/3/13.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 5:22 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

We have both an ING Direct savings account and an Orange Everyday account, plus we took out a home loan with them to do some renovations. Great to deal with.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Timmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really nice

I have an ING account as with some of my friends and haven't had any issues. I'd be wary about what the base rate will become after the intro period of 4 months. Currently the rate reverts back to 3.25% or 4% if you meet their loyalty bonus requirements
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we have had an account with them for a while. Savings account you have to have a linked account (can be with any bank, but you must nominate) and money being moved OUT of ING can only go to this account. Guess it prevents fraud.

But if you have an Orange account that is a normal account.
All seems to work well and we found them easy to deal with from overseas.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

OverRun is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a rather a few accounts & term deposits with them.

It took me a while to trust them with their online-only presence. Imagine how that got tested when one account disappeared briefly due to a technical hitch. It re-appeared but that was still a bit nerve-wracking.

However I now have more of my money with them than the Commonwealth Bank.

Why? By chance I know some of their senior people. Failures, they are. Bounced out of senior positions in the major banks for incompetency. Their ability to earn a good return on the bank's funds was considered poor. In the past, they completely bypassed the chance to invest in the [toxic] retail mortgage marketplace in the USA. Sort of NINJA-LESS people. Hmm, actually, my kind of money manager.

I'm pretty happy with my accounts & term deposits in ING. Interest rates are reasonable. Safety is damn good. I guess that I'll add more of my money to them as time goes by.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I have a few accounts with them and term deposits and I renew with them because they always give me a good deal when they roll over. No reason to move.

Been with ING for about 10 years now.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 8:55 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

They are easy to deal with.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 11:23 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I like the ING website: it isn't populated with fancy infantile animations and juvenile ads - just straightforward, user-friendly links.

Our self managed super fund has usually got several term deposits with ING but they are slowly losing their edge on rates.

Same comments apply to RABO.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, ING were forced to sell out to Barclays in the UK. We had accounts with ING with £1 in for a few years but didn't use them. However we got letters last week from Barclays to say they are running ING but retaining their name. This only affects the UK of course but ING are always trying to raise money to pay back the Dutch government for past indiscretions so who knows? FWIW I read that Investec offer the best rates to savers in Oz currently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19880659

http://www.investec.com.au/

RBS bit off more than it could chew in taking over another Dutch bank, ABN-AMRO, which had concealed squillions of toxic loans in the US.

Banks and bankers, who trusts them?
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:23 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know ING in Australia is owned by ANZ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.