Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

information on state sponsership

information on state sponsership

Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

leanne74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face information on state sponsership

Please help as we are unsure about information reguarding state sponsership. We have seen on the go matilda website that south australia is looking for bricklayers to sponser.
1, can anybody tell us if this takes the same amount of time as a skilled independant visa
2, how long do we have to live in the state for
3, this would be a good option for us as we only have 110 points so we would have to invest money, i presume we would not have to if we have a state sponsership, but is it worth doing?

Thanks for your help.
liam and leanne.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: information on state sponsership

Originally Posted by leanne74
Please help as we are unsure about information reguarding state sponsership. We have seen on the go matilda website that south australia is looking for bricklayers to sponser.
1, can anybody tell us if this takes the same amount of time as a skilled independant visa
Normally a bit quicker once you have state sponsorship. Be sure they are talking about the STNI visa and not the SIR visa.

2, how long do we have to live in the state for
With STNI - 2 years

3, this would be a good option for us as we only have 110 points so we would have to invest money, i presume we would not have to if we have a state sponsership, but is it worth doing?
The regular skilled independent pass mark is 120. SIR is 110, but you want to avoid this if possible.

STNI effectively has no points test - all you need to do is meet the DIMIA basic requirements for skilled migration and have a state nomination. If you've got spare cash to invest and don't need to do so for migration purposes, you can find another government bond you can buy.

Jeremy
Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

So do you think having a skilled independant visa is the best option and investing 100,000 aus dollars into goverment bonds to make up the extra 5 points we need.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leanne74
So do you think having a skilled independant visa is the best option and investing 100,000 aus dollars into goverment bonds to make up the extra 5 points we need.
Pass mark is 120. You say you have 110, so an extra 5 points is not going to help you get regular skilled independent. Or at least, something doesn't add up.

Jeremy
Old Jan 16th 2005, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: information on state sponsership

Sorry, i am being stupid, we do have 115 points. I have also just looked on the website and it is stni, so i think we might go for that option then at least we will have a lump sum of money to come out with, it also says on go matilda that it takes half the time to get a stni visa. Thanks for your help.