Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

information required by schools in australia

information required by schools in australia

Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

ireneb is on a distinguished road
Default information required by schools in australia

Can anyone tell me what information I should request from my kids schools in the UK for us to take to Australia? We are moving to Melbourne in May.
thanks Irene.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:23 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: information required by schools in australia

Originally Posted by ireneb
Can anyone tell me what information I should request from my kids schools in the UK for us to take to Australia? We are moving to Melbourne in May.
thanks Irene.
Ive read before that they dont generally need any information on previous schooling but will be interested to hear what others think as we are also heading out around May. C x
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We brought all of our children's report cards. (Don't know if you have these in UK). We also brought the psychoeducational and Otis Lennon reports for my daughter who was in a gifted stream in Canada. The schools they are in now really appreciated the information.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:54 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We brought all of our children's report cards. (Don't know if you have these in UK). We also brought the psychoeducational and Otis Lennon reports for my daughter who was in a gifted stream in Canada. The schools they are in now really appreciated the information.
i brought everything. i have only been asked for their last reports though.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:29 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I had a meeting with our Headteacher and she knew more than I did about what we would need - we're not the first to have moved abroad, she also said that they would happily email any further info over to the school in Australia if necessary, including SATs results which we won't have had back before we go (not sure they will mean anything though).
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

ireneb is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. I've written letters to the schools this morning telling them about our move, and will wait to see if they reply. If not I'll get in touch with them. Hope they can supply duplicate copies of the kids report cards in necessary, I am terrible at losing stuff like this.
irene
Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:18 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ireneb
thanks Irene.
My son`s school didn`t ask for anything at all.

Tracey x
Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:47 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
My son`s school didn`t ask for anything at all.

Tracey x
What school on the GC does he go to? C x