Reload this Page >

Information required please on shipping possessions to Oz

Information required please on shipping possessions to Oz

Old Oct 19th 2010, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Alan34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Information required please on shipping possessions to Oz

Hi

Can anyone help me please. I am making plans to move to Brisbane early next year. I need to ship some of my items over but will be limiting it to a personal stuff not furniture so I don't need a large crate at all. Can anyone give me an idea of costs, the process and time lines to deliver and a guide on who I can go to. Thanks in advance for any help.

Alan34
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

MissyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Information required please on shipping possessions to Oz

Originally Posted by Alan34
Hi

Can anyone help me please. I am making plans to move to Brisbane early next year. I need to ship some of my items over but will be limiting it to a personal stuff not furniture so I don't need a large crate at all. Can anyone give me an idea of costs, the process and time lines to deliver and a guide on who I can go to. Thanks in advance for any help.

Alan34
I can recommend Freedom Shipping - most of the information you are asking about should be on the website:

www.freedom-shipping.com
Old Oct 21st 2010, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Do a search on the forum. Loads of info
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.133 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Thanks for the replies. I have been quoted 95UKP for the shipment, 12.50UKP for picking up the item, insurance around 10% of the items being shipped but quote excludes quarantine check plus any additional charges if my items need to be treated if suspected to have bugs in wooden items etc. Basically decided that items values were not worth the overall costs so will be selling in the UK.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan34
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.133 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Thanks for the replies. I have been quoted 95UKP for the shipment, 12.50UKP for picking up the item, insurance around 10% of the items being shipped but quote excludes quarantine check plus any additional charges if my items need to be treated if suspected to have bugs in wooden items etc. Basically decided that items values were not worth the overall costs so will be selling in the UK.
£95 is pretty cheap for shipping stuff, you obviously had very little! Its not really down to the value, its the cost of replacing the goodss in Aus, but if you can do that for less than the shipping cost, go for it.
Out of interest though, possibly having stuff to move this year, who was the quote from?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:06 am
Just Joined

It was not much stuff in all honesty, price was based on a box big enough to fit a number of framed pictures and some other things. It is not the weight but the dimensions. Because my items were made of wood and they may need to be sprayed etc for bugs, I pulled out as there is no laid down costs for this if this does happen. So the £95 plus the £12.50 pick up was just a starter, insurance was my own decision but the quarantine inspection which is a guaranteed cost plus any costs to spray / de bug the wood etc.

So based on the total costs which are not guaranteed I pulled out. Anglo Pacific gave me the quote.