Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Information please..

Information please..

Old Sep 11th 2004, 1:30 pm
Gazzer2

Question Information please..

We have decided we want to make a move to Australia, I myself have lived in Australia before and am going to apply for a return resident visa with my fiance, we are currently living in England and have a son together, but my fiance has never been to Australia before and will need to apply for a visa, I do also have a 10 year old daughter who is australian (living with me) and a 17 year old son who is currently living in Australia with his dad.
Can anyone offer any advice as to how we should proceed regarding the visa application?
Would my fiance's age make any difference (being over 45 years)?
Should I apply for my visa first then his after?
Is there anyone we could contact in the uk for help this side?
What would be a good place/area to start looking at to start a new life in Australia?
What are the IT field employment opportunities like?
Where do we start first?

Thankyou for any help offered..
Gary and Dawn

Old Sep 11th 2004, 1:38 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information please..

Originally Posted by Gazzer2
We have decided we want to make a move to Australia, I myself have lived in Australia before and am going to apply for a return resident visa with my fiance, we are currently living in England and have a son together, but my fiance has never been to Australia before and will need to apply for a visa, I do also have a 10 year old daughter who is australian (living with me) and a 17 year old son who is currently living in Australia with his dad.
Can anyone offer any advice as to how we should proceed regarding the visa application?
What would be a good place/area to start looking at to start a new life in Australia?
Where do we start first?

Gary and Dawn

Hi there,

I am sure you will get loads of advice and info soon, people on this site are very helpful. Unfortunately I can`t help much, the only advice I can give is to get in touch with an agent. I think there are some agencies who will give you some free advice and some of the websites give you a free assesment online!

Hope this helps a litle

Good luck

Deb
Old Sep 11th 2004, 1:40 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to mention,

I do know that there is a cut off age at 45, but I may be wrong. I don`t know if this applies to the applicant or their spouse. I just remember reading on here recently that someone had just got their application in on time before their hubby was 451

Like I say I might be wrong

Deb
Old Sep 11th 2004, 1:41 pm
Deb

Originally Posted by deba34
Forgot to mention,

I do know that there is a cut off age at 45, but I may be wrong. I don`t know if this applies to the applicant or their spouse. I just remember reading on here recently that someone had just got their application in on time before their hubby was 451

Like I say I might be wrong

Deb

Sorry, not 451............ should of been 45

Trying to type too quick
Old Sep 11th 2004, 1:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazzer2
Where do we start first?

Gary and Dawn
Hiya,
Firstly I would say to post this on the immigration forum of expats - there are sveeral agents who drop in on that forum, and can advise you on stuf flike the residents return visa. Does sound a bit complex though, so you may need to pay an agent for formal advice - JAJ, George Lombard and Alan Collett are three who post regularly and have good reputations round here.
If you fiance is going as a Prospective Spouse there is not an age limit - that only applies to skills visas, not to spouse category.

Have you had a look through www.immi.gov.au for the stuff on partner visas?

Finally, good luck and welcome to the site!!!

Polly