information on Mount Isa

Wikiposts

information on Mount Isa

Old May 30th 2008, 10:40 am
BURNY

zac4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default information on Mount Isa

Hi everyone
Our friends are planning to move to Australia in the next few months. The husband has been offered a job in Mount Isa
Does anyone out there have any information on this area

H xx
Old May 30th 2008, 12:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: information on Mount Isa

Originally Posted by zac4
Hi everyone
Our friends are planning to move to Australia in the next few months. The husband has been offered a job in Mount Isa

H xx
Hot, remote, outback lifestyle. Male orientated. Not sure where they are coming from but this will be culture shock with a vengeance.
Old May 30th 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

onceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to all

Okay so this opinion is based on spending one night there back in the early nineties, but unless your friend is going to be paid vast sums of money, it would be one of the last places on earth that I would choose to live. We were only there cos we shredded a tyre just out of town, and had to go back in to get it changed. My overiding memory is of the mines in the middle of town, admitedly there was a beautiful sunset over the mine in the middle of town, but therein lies the problem, there is/was a large mine in the middle of town. I also seem to remember it's other claim to fame is that it is the largest city (in terms of area) in the world, the same size as Switzerland I seem to recall. There are plenty nicer places in Australia, but if they are seriously thinking about it, then I'd definately advise going for a visit first...
Old May 30th 2008, 4:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

H xx
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...42-601,00.html
Old May 30th 2008, 6:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't open bcworld's link but there is stacks in the news at the moment about lead poisoning in the area and people getting seriously sick and the Government saying there's not a lot they can do.

Very remote. I'd hate it but lots would love it. Hope your friends are in the latter section
Old May 30th 2008, 7:32 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I didn't open bcworld's link but there is stacks in the news at the moment about lead poisoning in the area and people getting seriously sick and the Government saying there's not a lot they can do.

Very remote. I'd hate it but lots would love it. Hope your friends are in the latter section
I've worked with people that have spent time seconded to the office up there. If offered a second stint they run very fast in the opposite direction.
Old May 30th 2008, 10:11 pm
BURNY

zac4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to you a
Thank you for all your replies
I have passed this info on to my friends

BW
H
Old May 31st 2008, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

pommy will become famous soon enoughpommy will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

H xx
live d in Mount Isa for four years from 88-92 thought it was ok .Very hot in summer 40 plus but winters are great cool evenings mid to high 20s during the day . It is remote about 600 miles to the nearest beach thats Townsville.
Old May 31st 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to get a heap of money together, go for it. It's all the previous posters have said and lots and lots of red dust everywhere.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

I am told that rents are very high. I went through there on my recent holiday.

Last edited by bjddavies; Jun 26th 2008 at 5:59 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:25 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommy
It is remote about 600 miles to the nearest beach thats Townsville.
Did you pop down to the beach after work at all?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:35 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

H xx
The mining town with the lead problem?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:31 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: information on Mount Isa

Originally Posted by markallwood
Did you pop down to the beach after work at all?
Gees you're just not paying attention are you, don't you know about the lack of daylight savings???

Buzzy
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:36 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
The mining town with the lead problem?
Thats the one.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:37 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thats the one.
I suspect its where they stash the mobile phones

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.