Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Information on Albany Creek

Information on Albany Creek

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all
Default Information on Albany Creek

Hi,
Does anyone have any information on Albany Creek? What is it like? I've heard its a nice place and about 15 minutes out of Brisbane city Centre. We're looking at moving to Brisbane but with a vraiety of aged children we need to find a place that would suit everyone. Also how far away is Albany Creek from a decent beach?
Thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 2:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information on Albany Creek

Originally Posted by 1jemma1
Hi,
Does anyone have any information on Albany Creek? What is it like? I've heard its a nice place and about 15 minutes out of Brisbane city Centre. We're looking at moving to Brisbane but with a vraiety of aged children we need to find a place that would suit everyone. Also how far away is Albany Creek from a decent beach?
Thanks
We live in Aspley, bordering Albany Creek. 15 minutes to the CBD? 30-45 in rush hour, I'm afraid, and can be be more with a crash in the wrong place. Probably 30 minutes to Redcliffe, where there are child-friendly beaches, but that means small strip of sand, not the long stretches you see at Surfers.
However, if you do a search on Albany Creek on BE you will find that its considered to be a very good suburb for families with kids, reasonable schools, shops close by etc. For the northside its probably one of the suburbs which is considered the most family-friendly.