Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

info on what DIMIA say is full time hours

info on what DIMIA say is full time hours

Old Nov 14th 2004, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default info on what DIMIA say is full time hours

Hi everyone,
does anyone know the web address of where on the dimia site, i can find the details where it says full time is anything over 20hrs a week, this is to help a friend in oz.
much appreciated

Cheers

Trish
Old Nov 14th 2004, 2:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info on what DIMIA say is full time hours

Originally Posted by jimtrish
Hi everyone,
does anyone know the web address of where on the dimia site, i can find the details where it says full time is anything over 20hrs a week, this is to help a friend in oz.
much appreciated

Cheers

Trish
It's in the Skilled Migration Booklet (booklet 6).

Note - this definition may not not necessarily apply to other visas (eg employer nomination).

Jeremy
Old Nov 14th 2004, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
It's in the Skilled Migration Booklet (booklet 6).

Note - this definition may not not necessarily apply to other visas (eg employer nomination).

Jeremy
from what i gather, or have been informed by a migration agent it does apply for RSMS, my friend is already out there on the RSMS and wasnt aware of this.

Thankyou

Trish
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

from what i gather, or have been informed by a migration agent it does apply for RSMS, my friend is already out there on the RSMS and wasnt aware of this.

Thankyou

Trish
There is normally no work experience requirement for RSMS. If your friend has an RSMS visa already, then why ask the question?

Jeremy
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is normally no work experience requirement for RSMS. If your friend has an RSMS visa already, then why ask the question?

Jeremy
the visa says you have to have full time position for 2 yrs, in eyes of dimia this is over 20hrs a week, as was clarified by my agent initially. But my friend in oz didnt know this and is currently doing about 65hrs a fortnight.
I think were on about 2 different subjects here, shes wanting to know about full time hrs at work whereas you mean the work exp.
As far as im aware, as long as dimia have been informed that you will be working full time ( i.e over 20hrs a week) and for 2 years, they will be happy that you will be sticking to the rules of the visa?
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Sorry Jeremy, can I clarify something here for someone.
Do you mean that a newly qualified nurse can apply for a RSMS visa without prior work experience in the UK as a qualified nurse?
Thanks, Cas
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

the visa says you have to have full time position for 2 yrs, in eyes of dimia this is over 20hrs a week, as was clarified by my agent initially. But my friend in oz didnt know this and is currently doing about 65hrs a fortnight.
I think were on about 2 different subjects here, shes wanting to know about full time hrs at work whereas you mean the work exp.
As far as im aware, as long as dimia have been informed that you will be working full time ( i.e over 20hrs a week) and for 2 years, they will be happy that you will be sticking to the rules of the visa?
You are confused between different rules for different visas.

For signing off an ENS/RSMS nomination DIMIA normally expect the position to be 'full time'. This is usually interpreted as 35 hours a week, in special circumstances they can go as low as 30 hours a week.

A job that will employ you for 20 hours a week is not normally acceptable for employer nomination.

Jeremy
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
You are confused between different rules for different visas.

For signing off an ENS/RSMS nomination DIMIA normally expect the position to be 'full time'. This is usually interpreted as 35 hours a week, in special circumstances they can go as low as 30 hours a week.

A job that will employ you for 20 hours a week is not normally acceptable for employer nomination.

Jeremy
so have i been wrongly informed then? as i was told that i could work 21hrs a week and this would be seen as being full time in the eyes of dimia. also my friend in oz is on the rsms and works less than 35hrs a week.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Sorry Jeremy, can I clarify something here for someone.
Do you mean that a newly qualified nurse can apply for a RSMS visa without prior work experience in the UK as a qualified nurse?
Thanks, Cas

The criteria for RSMS is whether the job requires an Australian diploma, and whether the applicant has that. Work experience is not a criteria (unlike for regular ENS).

I believe that a newly qualified nurse could go straight onto an RSMS visa, but it would be prudent to make the application from offshore (just to be sure) and not go on a 457 visa in advance.

State/Territory registration is required (or eligiblity for such) however an ANCI skill assessment may not be specifically demanded. It does no harm to have one.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 14th 2004 at 3:43 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JAJ
The criteria for RSMS is whether the job requires an Australian diploma, and whether the applicant has that. Work experience is not a criteria (unlike for regular ENS).

I believe that a newly qualified nurse could go straight onto an RSMS visa, but it would be prudent to make the application from offshore (just to be sure) and not go on a 457 visa in advance.

State/Territory registration is required (or eligiblity for such) however an ANCI skill assessment may not be specifically demanded.

Jeremy
Thankyou, that will be good news for my friend
Cas
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

so have i been wrongly informed then? as i was told that i could work 21hrs a week and this would be seen as being full time in the eyes of dimia. also my friend in oz is on the rsms and works less than 35hrs a week.
It depends on what you're asking about. 21 hours a week is ok if you want to use the work experience for general skilled migration.

It is not ok if it's a job offer you're hoping to use for RSMS.

I don't know how I can make myself any clearer than that.

As for your friend, with the greatest of respect I cannot comment on specific cases without knowing the full details. If she does 65 hours a fortnight that works out at 32.5 hours a week and if you read my post again you'll see I did say there was *some* flexibility in the 30-35 hour range.

Jeremy
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Thankyou, that will be good news for my friend
Cas
Your friend should take the initiative herself and start looking at the DIMIA site, paying special attention to the information on RSMS and downloading migration booklet 5.

Jeremy
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
It depends on what you're asking about. 21 hours a week is ok if you want to use the work experience for general skilled migration.

It is not ok if it's a job offer you're hoping to use for RSMS.

I don't know how I can make myself any clearer than that.

As for your friend, with the greatest of respect I cannot comment on specific cases without knowing the full details. If she does 65 hours a fortnight that works out at 32.5 hours a week and if you read my post again you'll see I did say there was *some* flexibility in the 30-35 hour range.

Jeremy
ok jeremy,

thanks for that.

Im sure she will read this.
ive been offered a job as im sure you remember, but i thought on rsms i could do 21hrs a week out there. mainly due to child comittments, maybe i could get them to accept 30.
bugger.

thanks anyway

Trish
Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

ok jeremy,

thanks for that.

Im sure she will read this.
ive been offered a job as im sure you remember, but i thought on rsms i could do 21hrs a week out there. mainly due to child comittments, maybe i could get them to accept 30.
bugger.

thanks anyway

Trish
Hi Trish, doesn't your contract specify work-hours?
Considering they were trying to get you to on 457 like myself - where you have to work full-time (which is for me) - I'd get this clarified
Cas x
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

It's not just a question of what the hospital will accept, it's also a question of what DIMIA will accept.

You'd likely have a similar problem on a 457 although the exact structure of the rules is different (again, different visa, different rules).

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 14th 2004 at 4:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.