Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Info on Wellington Pt/Cleveland Dist State High Schools

Info on Wellington Pt/Cleveland Dist State High Schools

Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Zonabo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on Wellington Pt/Cleveland Dist State High Schools

We are tossing up between the state high schools of Wellington Pt and Cleveland against St Carmels College. From looking at the different websites we can't see that one offers more than the other. If we were to opt for the state school then that would provide additional funds to be able to be used for extra curricular activities for the kids.

We would appreciate any feedback (negative or positive) from people who have experience with these schools.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Info on Wellington Pt/Cleveland Dist State High Schools

Our friends children go to Carmel College and they are doing well there and are happy. The fee's are not too high either - in comparison to say Sheldon/Ormiston/Redland College's. Other friends had children going to Cleveland State High School but they took them out after they caught them wagging school - it had been going on for some time but the school had not bothered to contact the parents about the children's unexplained absences.... Other than that I can't help you apart from to say you have to decide for yourself either State or private and what the benefits will be to you for either. Maybe a look at the schools may make your decision a bit easier...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Zonabo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pipers Mummy
Our friends children go to Carmel College and they are doing well there and are happy. The fee's are not too high either - in comparison to say Sheldon/Ormiston/Redland College's. Other friends had children going to Cleveland State High School but they took them out after they caught them wagging school - it had been going on for some time but the school had not bothered to contact the parents about the children's unexplained absences.... Other than that I can't help you apart from to say you have to decide for yourself either State or private and what the benefits will be to you for either. Maybe a look at the schools may make your decision a bit easier...
Thanks for that. We do plan to visit the schools but were trying to narrow the choices as there are so many especially with primary schools as well!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

We would advise you to arrive, have a look around the different schools and see how you feel. Our daughter attended Wellington Point Primary School where the education she recieved, was in our opinion more than adequate.
Our daughter now attends Redlands College (private) of which we feel the facilities, opportunities and cost covered our requirements.
Education, Suburbs, facilities, Employment etc is a personal choice and one persons ideal is different to someone elses. Always good to gain as much information as possible before you arrive in Australia, but look for yourself when you arrive here, as through our experience things are very different than what you see via the internet.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:47 am
ABCDiamond

My daughter once asked about moving to Cleveland State High School.

I asked why and being the honest child she is, she told me that some friends who go there can get away with almost anything, but her school doesn't let her....

From other things that I hear, I 'think' that the school is OK for those kids who put the effort in. Not sure about it for those who don't want to try.