Reload this Page >

info on visa processing times

info on visa processing times

Old Aug 15th 2002, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info on visa processing times

Hi All!

Can anyone shed some light on the visa processing times since the change over from London to Adelaide.
As its a relatively new thing, i would love to hear from anyone who has got their Permanent Residency Visa since this change. Ive been on various websites trying to find the answers to Questions like: When you receive your confirmation that your application has been received, is that when the 50 weeks [given processing time for Independent Skilled Migration on my confirmation letter] starts from? and if your occupation is on the MODL, which mine is [hairdressing] does this speed up the process? Also does having a job offer in writing, which i have and included in my application help at all? but i have not had much luck so far in finding any answers!

Also i would like to know, how far into the process were you asked to have the medical? [need time to plan a crash diet!!] it would be a great help to continue in everyday life in the meantime, if i could find out more and get an idea of a timescale for these things. So if any of you Lucky sods that are already there! can help, with any info or advice, it will be appreciated, thanks.

Best wishes

Kaff x
Old Aug 16th 2002, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: info on visa processing times

Hi Kaff

Have you tried www.austimeline.com? I'm sure it will help you with a lot of your questions...and be sure to include your own time line so far while you're there.

Colin
Old Aug 16th 2002, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: info on visa processing times

Originally posted by colin:
Hi Kaff

Have you tried www.austimeline.com? I'm sure it will help you with a lot of your questions...and be sure to include your own time line so far while you're there.

Colin

Thanks Colin! I've registered to austimeline, and found it really helpful! Seeing the progress of others has given me a bit more of an idea about how long i may have to wait.

Cheers! Kaff x
Old Aug 16th 2002, 7:46 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. If only the site could have more people to put their details in...

Cheers,
Peter

Originally posted by poggle:
Seeing the progress of others has given me a bit more of an idea about how long i may have to wait.
Old Aug 16th 2002, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ptlabs:
Yup. If only the site could have more people to put their details in...

Cheers,
Peter
Hi Colin, Peter and all!!

Having been on the austimeline website , its the first time ive seen any mention of 'pre grant letters' at risk of appearing 'thick' can someone let me know what thats all about?

Cheers! Kaff x
Old Aug 17th 2002, 11:58 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Kaff,

No worries. Pre-grant is something that appears almost at the end of the tunnel:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=pre-grant

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=pre%20grant

It's the time when they tell you that you're almost there and for you to complete some formalities before they wrap it up and tell you it's time to head to the AHC/embassy to have them put that much-coveted visa label onto your passport.

Peter

Originally posted by poggle:
Having been on the austimeline website , its the first time ive seen any mention of 'pre grant letters' at risk of appearing 'thick' can someone let me know what thats all about?