info on tax for self employed moving to OZ

info on tax for self employed moving to OZ

Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_e56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info on tax for self employed moving to OZ

Hi

any info on this subject is needed.
A friend is looking to emergrate to OZ next year, he is self employed and has not been so good with keeping up payments for his taxes as he lives out of the UK. Will this be a problem for him with his application. I was under the impression that you needed to prove you owed no money to people to be granted the visa.

Anyone with some advice for him, I think he is worried it will hold things up.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info on tax for self employed moving to OZ

Originally posted by Dee_e56
Hi

any info on this subject is needed.
A friend is looking to emergrate to OZ next year, he is self employed and has not been so good with keeping up payments for his taxes as he lives out of the UK. Will this be a problem for him with his application. I was under the impression that you needed to prove you owed no money to people to be granted the visa.

Anyone with some advice for him, I think he is worried it will hold things up.
I don't remeber having to proove that you owed no money. The problem with self employment is prooving that you do enough hours and are really working, the best way to do that is to pay your tax and NI!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

maybe it was for moving to NZ
Old Oct 8th 2003, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Would anyone know where I could find out this information with regards to tax payments. Is there a section in the Oz emigration site. I know I read it some where, and my friend is a little stressed I would like to put his mind at rest.

Thanks