Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Info on skools (for a teenager)

Info on skools (for a teenager)

Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road
Question Info on skools (for a teenager)

Im stacey from england im 13 i wanna no wot the skools r like r they n e different from the UK did u find it easy 2 fit in???
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice
Default Re: Info on skools (for a teenager)

Originally Posted by sudds
Im stacey from england im 13 i wanna no wot the skools r like r they n e different from the UK did u find it easy 2 fit in???
Hi Stacey,

Im Hannahs mum Julie. She's nearly 13 and just started year 8. We've been here about 16 months and she is really happy. Has made loads of really great friends at high school and they spend the weekends shopping, cinema, sleepovers and going to the beach and other stuff. She is pretty shy and quiet but found it very easy (having been very scared and nervous about starting school) and said everyone was nice and eager to get to know her on her first day so I'm sure you won't have any problems. You'll find kids in Australia are just the same as kids in UK - good ones and bad ones and you'll find your sort of people very quickly.

She also reckons that school is heaps more cool than England cos they go to the beach for sport and there isn't nearly as much homework as she used to get either.

Anyway, hope this helps - dont worry - i'm sure you'll be fine.

Julie