Reload this Page >

Info on reality of getting an IT job in NZ

Info on reality of getting an IT job in NZ

Old May 21st 2003, 6:24 pm
Alias Boris-Scavalski

trevski_1965 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on reality of getting an IT job in NZ

Dear all

Was wondering if there is anyone who watches this forum actually in NZ or Melbourne, as I am trying to get some info on IT job availability in either of the above.

Have done all the usual, looked at the job sites in some detail but as in this country that does not often tell the full story.

Would be interested in knowing how buoyant the IT sector is in either Auckland NZ or Melbourne AU. I have 8 years experience in network design & installation, Including Cisco CCNA , Network+ and security+

My wife has a HND in Hotel & Catering management, also what is her chances of employment?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Trev
Old May 21st 2003, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info on reality of getting an IT job in NZ

Originally posted by trevski_1965
Dear all

Was wondering if there is anyone who watches this forum actually in NZ or Melbourne, as I am trying to get some info on IT job availability in either of the above.

Have done all the usual, looked at the job sites in some detail but as in this country that does not often tell the full story.

Would be interested in knowing how buoyant the IT sector is in either Auckland NZ or Melbourne AU. I have 8 years experience in network design & installation, Including Cisco CCNA , Network+ and security+

My wife has a HND in Hotel & Catering management, also what is her chances of employment?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Trev
I keep hearing discouraging things from recruiters in NZ but, as IT is still on the OSL and POL, I assume that, overall, there is still a bit of a shortage. Check out the POL (priority occupations list), which shows expected skills, to check if your skills are officially in demand.

I like to think that experience always counts for something so I'm still optimistic. I'll be lodging my general skills application next week but still need a job offer.