Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Info for pregnant ladies transitting through Singapore

Info for pregnant ladies transitting through Singapore

Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info for pregnant ladies transitting through Singapore

Originally Posted by kmunce
Haha, I'll be travelling 10th Feb so it's safe!!!
Good luck, hope all goes well XX
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:45 am
Just Joined

kmunce is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Good luck, hope all goes well XX
Thanks, you too!!!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I am pretty sure you need a Social Visit pass (Visa) even if just transitting through. It's in case you go into labour, they don't want you claiming citizenship for the baby.

You have to show your Visa at Passport Control or they will refuse you entry if caught sneaking through trying to disguise bump!
If you are just a transit passenger (ie not leaving the airport) you don't go through passport control in Singapore. Has your travel agent confirmed whether this requirement still applies?

Babies born in Singapore to foreign parents do not get Singapore citizenship so it can't be for that reason.

Jeremy
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:36 am
Just Joined

kmunce is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you are just a transit passenger (ie not leaving the airport) you don't go through passport control in Singapore. Has your travel agent confirmed whether this requirement still applies?

Babies born in Singapore to foreign parents do not get Singapore citizenship so it can't be for that reason.

Jeremy
I called Singapore Airlines who said as it is only a 2 hr transit stopover I won't need to get one, then I called the Singapore High Commission and told them what Singapore Airlines said, and they still said they think I should get one. If I was only around 24 weeks it woulndn't be too bad, but as I will be 31 weeks the people at the airport may request one to let me into Singapore. They said it is at their discrepency at the airport if they let me in or not but I should get one just to be safe. Bloody confusing and ridiculous since I'll just be there for 2 hrs, but I'm going to be safe and get one anyway.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Dear Jeremy,
This is what the Singapore High Commission asked me to write, so I did and it got me a Visa. I basically used the words they did in their letter to me.

15th December 2004

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find enclosed:

· Duly completed Form 14
· One recent passport sized photograph
· Two sets of photocopies of relevant pages of my current passport
· Letter from my Doctor confirming that I am fit for travel and stating my EDD
· (Estimated Due Date)
· Copy of my flight itinerary with confirmed onward journey from Singapore

I would like to confirm that my EDD (Estimated Due Date) is 29th May 2005.On entering Singapore I will be 27 weeks pregnant

I undertake that if my child is born in Singapore I will contact the relevant High Commission/Embassy to apply for citizenship and passport for the child and will leave Singapore as soon as possible.

I have sufficient funds for my stay in Singapore.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Etc
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kmunce
I called Singapore Airlines who said as it is only a 2 hr transit stopover I won't need to get one, then I called the Singapore High Commission and told them what Singapore Airlines said, and they still said they think I should get one. If I was only around 24 weeks it woulndn't be too bad, but as I will be 31 weeks the people at the airport may request one to let me into Singapore. They said it is at their discrepency at the airport if they let me in or not but I should get one just to be safe. Bloody confusing and ridiculous since I'll just be there for 2 hrs, but I'm going to be safe and get one anyway.
Does seem silly when only there for 2 hours, but silly or not, you wouldn't want to jeopardise anything so very sensible to get one 'just in case'