Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Info For Pre July Applicants

Info For Pre July Applicants

Old Jan 21st 2005, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Thumbs up Info For Pre July Applicants

Hi all pre julyers!!

I have managed to contacted DIMIA!!
I applied skilled independant mid march 2004. I only recieved confirmation and nothing since. Have emailed and tried phoning but no joy- except....today i got a reply from DIMIA saying that they are currently assessing beginning of March applicants and mine will be looked at next week. So, good news, we will all be hearing soon.

Good luck- the long wait is coming to an end- FINALLY

Rachel
Old Jan 21st 2005, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Info For Pre July Applicants

That's good news - and it means there is hope for us.
We are end of Feb Skilled Ind Applicants, and we have not heard anything either. Have been getting very very nervous, especially as we did our meds back in August (doc sent them off) and we still have to sell our house etc.
Fingers, legs, arms and every bit of us is crossed - hoping we will hear any day.
If any one out there is Feb applicants like us I would love to know if you have heard from Oz.
Good Luck to everyone waiting!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:55 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi

Thankx a lot for the information. It certainly sheds some light into the matters. I hope you will hear something pretty soon...
Badri
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by badri
Hi

Thankx a lot for the information. It certainly sheds some light into the matters. I hope you will hear something pretty soon...
Badri
I will be shouting from the rooftops when i do- dont u worry!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:59 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by desperate2go
I will be shouting from the rooftops when i do- dont u worry!

Should I use ear plugs

Badri
Old Jan 21st 2005, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Hi all pre julyers!!

I applied skilled independant mid march 2004. I only recieved confirmation and nothing since. Have emailed and tried phoning but no joy- except....today i got a reply from DIMIA saying that they are currently assessing beginning of March applicants and mine will be looked at next week. So, good news, we will all be hearing soon.

Rachel
What great news. We too are mid march (11th) so do you think we should hear next week too. We have already lodged the bond for 138 application and meds and pcc's are already there. I don't know whether they will just email their decision when they get to us or if they will get all med requests out for March first before finalising applications. I can hardly believe that just maybe next week we will get an email from them-wouldn't that be great!!!!!! Life wont be the same without the daily expats fix to see where we are at! NO IT WILL BE WAY BETTER COS WE WILL HAVE SOME CERTAINTY BACK IN OUR LIFE.......hopefully, dont want to speak too soon!!!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
What great news. We too are mid march (11th) so do you think we should hear next week too. We have already lodged the bond for 138 application and meds and pcc's are already there. I don't know whether they will just email their decision when they get to us or if they will get all med requests out for March first before finalising applications. I can hardly believe that just maybe next week we will get an email from them-wouldn't that be great!!!!!! Life wont be the same without the daily expats fix to see where we are at! NO IT WILL BE WAY BETTER COS WE WILL HAVE SOME CERTAINTY BACK IN OUR LIFE.......hopefully, dont want to speak too soon!!!
You are in a slightly different position to me as I have not sent my meds and no bond needed. But i should think that this time next month we will ALL know something Then it will be
Old Jan 21st 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Should I use ear plugs

Badri
With my loud voice you will need more than that Badri
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all pre julyers!!

Rachel
Rachel Thats excellent news and thankyou for posting.
We are April 13th and our meds have just gone off today.
We are going out to Perth end of Feb and our agent has asked us to set up a hotmail account just in case she needs to contact us while we are away.
It just goes to show things are moving on at last,although now I am getting a bit nervous.
Best of luck to everyone.
Dreamaway
Old Jan 21st 2005, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
We are going out to Perth end of Feb and our agent has asked us to set up a hotmail account just in case she needs to contact us while we are away.
It just goes to show things are moving on at last,although now I am getting a bit nervous.
Dreamaway
Nervous is an understatement......that long wait and now suddenly- any day :scared:
Sometimes think I will be upset whatever the answer!! thats me though- contrary
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:24 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Dreamaway
Ours went on 8th april. We sent our meds and pcc on 6th jan 2005. Hopefully we will hear something by feb.

Rachel, I am used to flight noise and ear plugs so it won't be a problem
Tomorrow I am going to throw my wife a big surprise party for her birthday.

Cheers
Bad
Old Jan 21st 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ours went on 8th april. We sent our meds and pcc on 6th jan 2005. Hopefully we will hear something by feb.

Rachel, I am used to flight noise and ear plugs so it won't be a problem
Tomorrow I am going to throw my wife a big surprise party for her birthday.

Cheers
Bad
There are some thoughtful men out there- there is hope yet!