info plz

Old Nov 24th 2002, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

lennon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info plz

New Zealand.
Hi i,m 50 my wife is 44 well i,m to old for australia so i've been told i can apply for ltbv for n.z.
we'ere thinkin of using an agent here in the uk and have been quoted 8 to 9,000 pounds to set up business plan etc, having never been to N.Z its all a bit daunting as what to do next i.e where to look to settle what its like out there its ok surfin the net and looking but would be nice to get some kind of feedback if possible, hope you can help us as it will all help in the long term we hope
thx
Lennon
Old Nov 25th 2002, 12:37 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Fee sounds a bit high. Have you tried contacting a selection of the agents in NZ for fee comparison? I see from another post that you are a wood machinist and have never run your own business before. Fine, but I imagine your application needs some care to pitch the tone right. The reason I think the NZ agents might be a good option is because they will necessarily understand the market and business environment better than a UK agent (an important part of the application). Plus the average GDP per capita in NZ is little more than half the UK's (and average earnings are much lower too) so your fee might get a better quality application for the same or less money.

Did you already contact the Business Liaison Unit? http://www.business-migrants.govt.nz...glish-home.htm They are meant to be very helpful.

Cheers - Don
Old Nov 26th 2002, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

lennon is an unknown quantity at this point

thx for your comments, every little helps have sent out other enquiries
hope to hear some feedback later any other comments gratefully received
thanks
Clive