Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Info on Merriwa Please

Info on Merriwa Please

Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:48 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Info on Merriwa Please

Hi all, well im getting a bit worried after reading this thread!! weve just put an offer in which has been accepted for a house with a pool in Merriwa :scared: Drove round a few times a seemed fine! now im having second thoughts suppose we can try it and if it dosnt work out we can move again. Whats the most popular beaches people in Clarkson use? I have a 5 year old. thanks all

Originally Posted by Daz,Tam & Jake
Hi All

Thank you for your replies, I am travelling to WA next week and I hoping to see as many areas as possible. This is the third time I have visited Perth so I am not a total newbie. I just appreciate the advice I get from people on here (well most people).

I would just like to say thank you to you all.

Daz
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:33 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all, well im getting a bit worried after reading this thread!! weve just put an offer in which has been accepted for a house with a pool in Merriwa :scared: Drove round a few times a seemed fine! now im having second thoughts suppose we can try it and if it dosnt work out we can move again. Whats the most popular beaches people in Clarkson use? I have a 5 year old. thanks all
Dawn i wouldn't take much notice of what is said here about it, you've been there you've checked the street and the area out and you are happy with it. Most of the homes sold in Merriwa these days are sold to families and not investors like before so there are many young owner occupier families around. Of course you will find some families you wont want living next door to you, but you get those everywhere.

Good luck with the house and let me know when you're cutting hair again

Lynn
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:36 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry i forgot to say... beaches... Quinns which is patroled, thats at the bottom of Quinns Rd but you can access the beach all the way along the front at Quinns. The dog beach is at the other end of Quinns. Mindarie is good too. Mornings are calmest, it can get a bit rough when the breeze comes in,mind you most kids love it, or if you are after something calmer you can try the lagoon at Yanchep, the water is always a few degrees warmer in the lagoon too.

Lynn
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:58 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Ahh thanks for that Lynn, your friend emailed me too which was really nice of her, i feel a bit better now whats Yanchep like, ive been once but seemed quiet rocky, is there a more gentle area? someone said to me theres an area thats sand then water then sand, is that right??

Thanks again Lynn

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Sorry i forgot to say... beaches... Quinns which is patroled, thats at the bottom of Quinns Rd but you can access the beach all the way along the front at Quinns. The dog beach is at the other end of Quinns. Mindarie is good too. Mornings are calmest, it can get a bit rough when the breeze comes in,mind you most kids love it, or if you are after something calmer you can try the lagoon at Yanchep, the water is always a few degrees warmer in the lagoon too.

Lynn
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:15 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn
Come and join our surf lifesaving club!- Quinns Mindarie. We're the ones that patrol it.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:37 am
Breeding little aussies

Originally Posted by renth
Come and join our surf lifesaving club!- Quinns Mindarie. We're the ones that patrol it.

I was actually thinking about it, so the boys can get involved. What ages do they have to be to join the various things and what sort of costs are involved? Or is there a website that tells me all this..... sorry being lazy

Lynn
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I was actually thinking about it, so the boys can get involved. What ages do they have to be to join the various things and what sort of costs are involved? Or is there a website that tells me all this..... sorry being lazy

Lynn
Sure,

http://www.quinnssurfclub.com

The calendar is last year's but registration day will probably be Sunday Sept 17th or 24th. You might want to give them an email/call.

Family membership is $200 and they will need a foamie and bathers, which is extra. Budgie smugglers for the boys, strictly no board shorts! LOL

They are a small, family oriented club. It gives the youngsters great confidence in the water and teaches them (and the parents) useful skills.

At least one parent needs to do the Surf Rescue Certificate, it's not hard but you do need to do a run/swim/run and also a pool swim of 200m in under 5 mins.

My twins were in the youngest group last year and were 6 years old.

If you join give me a PM
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:52 am
Breeding little aussies

Originally Posted by renth
Sure,

http://www.quinnssurfclub.com

The calendar is last year's but registration day will probably be Sunday Sept 17th or 24th. You might want to give them an email/call.

Family membership is $200 and they will need a foamie and bathers, which is extra. Budgie smugglers for the boys, strictly no board shorts! LOL

They are a small, family oriented club. It gives the youngsters great confidence in the water and teaches them (and the parents) useful skills.

At least one parent needs to do the Surf Rescue Certificate, it's not hard but you do need to do a run/swim/run and also a pool swim of 200m in under 5 mins.

My twins were in the youngest group last year and were 6 years old.

If you join give me a PM
Thanks for that Renth, we'll have a chat abiut it, I'll have to see if John thinks he's up to the run/swim bit, he's not at his fitest at the moment and in my current condition i can waddle and i'd not risk getting in the ocean just incase someone harpooned me I really like the idea of the boys getting confidence in the ocean, they can swim failry well but ocean swimming is a different ball game and they are pretty fearless which is scary (for me). I can imagine the howls of protest from my middle one though about the budgie smugglers

Thanks
Lynn
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:23 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Perthforme
When my folks lived in quinns in the early 90's Merriwa was red neck city , base pumping out of the estate , hoons the lot !
That was then this is now, we stayed there for the 1st 3months of this year , and its now fine.
Not sure what the schools are like ?
You have 2 local shopping centres near by , minutes to the beach .
There is Ocean keys shopping centre just up the road and Clarkson train station 5 mins drive away .
Houses sell fast and prices are on the rise too .
There's a pub too , and one in clarkson opening in sept.
All that and your 35-40 mins from the city , not that you will need to go there unless you work there , as Joondalup 10-15 mins away has every thing you need .
HTH
Hey did you say the Whale and Ale at Clarkson is opening September? See ya down there when it opens
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:07 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hi ya, can I ask the new Tavern in Clarkson...........will it be more like a uk pub? drove past there today and advertised as 'make this pub you local'.........cant wait as will have moved up there by then, also whats Merriwa tavern like???? thanks all

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Hey did you say the Whale and Ale at Clarkson is opening September? See ya down there when it opens
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:14 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I think thats the plan , but still lots to do by the looks of it !!
Windows are in and the outside getting a lick o paint ?
May be a while yet me thinks
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:16 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya, can I ask the new Tavern in Clarkson...........will it be more like a uk pub? drove past there today and advertised as 'make this pub you local'.........cant wait as will have moved up there by then, also whats Merriwa tavern like???? thanks all
Guess till its open wont know what its like ?
Merriwa dunno never been in there but guess its more of a local then say the boat ?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:24 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hi hun, wheres the 'boat'?

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Guess till its open wont know what its like ?
Merriwa dunno never been in there but guess its more of a local then say the boat ?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi Paul,
The opening of The Whale and Ale has been put back a month!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

whats Merriwa tavern like???? thanks all [/QUOTE]

A bit rough!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.