Reload this Page >

Info on job offers for NZ

Info on job offers for NZ

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

rich.arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on job offers for NZ

Hi,

thought this might interest others on the ng. We are applying for residence and are expecting to receive a temporary visa shortly. In the meantime we have been working through our contacts and thought we had struck gold with a company who expressed an interest in opening an office in NZ and taking us on as full time staff. I ran this past our contact at NZ house she has informed us that this would satisfy the requirements but that if the offer was not from an established NZ company then they would need a lot of information such as a copy of the company's business plan for NZ, trading figures and evidence of how our employment was going to be funded amongst othere things. In other words, as much information is required for our employers as for us.

I presume this is to close a loophole whereby migrants register a new company and employ themselves. As it happens I don't think we can wait for this company to get established so we're back to looking for work when we arrive in country.

Rich