Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Info - Here Goes.....

Wikiposts

Info - Here Goes.....

Old Feb 16th 2004, 10:40 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info - Here Goes.....

Originally posted by anthonykirby
Well here goes ...

When we left the UK it was the most unbelievable feeling. Flying over HEathrow and knowing that it would be a long while until I was back. Well here we are 6 months later ... WOW.

Our original plan was to take 6 months off to recover from the rat race we left behind but I got a little worried about lack of funds so took a job in Real Estate (along with every one else on the Sunny Coast). Money was crap and I got treat like crap but perservered (one thing people who aint been here yet need to realise is that you wont be able to sit on the beach everday - it still costs money to live here!)

So we bought a new car - petrol is really cheap (around 30p litre) and then I crashed it! Not a bad crash though - just slid a bit in the rain. Thats the next point - the roads get slidy here when it rains with all the oil etc so BE CAREFUL!

Zoe has started a business making wedding stationary - obviously came in handy for ours! So if any of you guys are getting married ask for some samples off Zoe. Very good prices! (SHameless plug)

I have now left my Real Estate job (last friday) and have gone into sales. Much better money and less hassle. The pay covers heaps of living expenses and the great thing about Oz is you dont have to pay to enjoy life. One thing I learnt is that you got to take time to relax. I often sit on the beach watching the waves and thinking about things - also. Dont be scared to admit your wrong, there ARE huge differences between here and UK but in my opinion they are all POSITIVE. Just think positive and you will think the same!

If you are up for a bit of work then there are heaps of opportunities here. ITs the people who demand high pay and big houses that sometimes come onto the forum saying there are no jobs etc (Pommie Bastard!!) but I would sweep the roads if I had to! Think of the positives (sweeping the roads means you get the outdoors all day!!!).

We are still not speaking to my mum, she demanded that we not contact her after telling us she was saving for a plane ticket! Strange but I got better things to be getting on with than dropping to her level.

Also - if you moving to QLD DITCH THE JUMPERS. ITs hot here - even when its cool its humid so feels sticky. I had 5 cold showers yesterday - did not imagine that ther could be so much sweat coming out of me (Another tip - drink heaps of water)

We will be on BBC get a new life incase any of you want to watch it. It follows us moving house, winning a DJ competition in Brisbane, my OLD work, me cooking my first BBQ!

Well- look forward to the replies. Please feel free to email me [email protected] if you want to ask anything.

Anthony
Hi Anthony,
we joined the forum after you had left, but have read all (OK most) of your posts !!! Glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves and the move has been successful. Hope that things continue to be good for you both. After everything you guys went through, you deserve a good life now.

Regards
Mairi

PS. can we see some of your wedding piccies please? pretty please ???? (I'm a sucker for wedding piccies)
Old Feb 16th 2004, 10:42 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and do you know when you program is scheduled to be aired on BBC ????
Old Feb 16th 2004, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

What a great post - thanks!

Good to see someone making the most of it and actually willing to try almost anything to make it happen - well done to you both!

Good luck with anything you do in the future - look forward to reading more posts from you.

Cheers
Gill and Derek
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Anthony & Zoe
what a great, positive and informative post, really pleased for you both, sounds like your'e living the dream that most of us on this forum are chasing.
Congratulations on getting out of real estate, something i can't wait to do! and best of luck to Zoe with the wedding stationery business!
Hope to see you over there before the end of the year,
take care both of you and happiness always
rach, mark and chanelle xx
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:08 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Zoe has started a business making wedding stationary - obviously came in handy for ours!

Why was everyone motionless !!

Great Post
S.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Anthony & Zoe

It was nice to see a great positive post from both of you and so nice to see that things are working out fine.

Hows the dog?

Are you Mr & Mrs yet or is that a bit later on in the year
Keep posting if you get chance

Take Care
Di
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:30 am
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Great to hear something positive and to hear that everything is working out for you both.

Like you we will do what ever it takes to make a living when we get to Oz and that is the right attitude for success.

Sally and family