Info on Christchurch Area

Wikiposts

Info on Christchurch Area

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Anne Briers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on Christchurch Area

Hi
We are a family of 4 looking to immigrate to Christchurch area from England UK. Has anyone some advice on the best areas to live for schooling (12 and 9 year old girls), shopping and living.
We are also looking for information on housing - rental to begin with and then buying. We currently live just outside a town in Buckinghamshire and would like a similar area - easy access to schools/shopping etc without having to drive everywhere. Also restuarants, leisure etc.
Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info on Christchurch Area

Originally posted by Anne Briers
Hi
We are a family of 4 looking to immigrate to Christchurch area from England UK. Has anyone some advice on the best areas to live for schooling (12 and 9 year old girls), shopping and living.
We are also looking for information on housing - rental to begin with and then buying. We currently live just outside a town in Buckinghamshire and would like a similar area - easy access to schools/shopping etc without having to drive everywhere. Also restuarants, leisure etc.
Thanks
Hi,
regards to Richard (I know how perceptive and witty etc) just type christchurch in the 'search the forum' box and all will be revealed. Loads of good threads on Christchurch. For my part, what it's worth, spent 5 or was it 6 days in Cchurch on a month long holiday. Loved it. Plenty of people looking to go and some who are already there who will answer your questions, but check the forum database first. All the best LMS
Old Oct 4th 2003, 9:16 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Info on Christchurch Area

Originally posted by Anne Briers
Hi
Thanks

Hi

My family and i are in Kaiapoi just 20mins north of Christchurch. Rather than repeat myself and bore everyone rigid if you search through my posts you should find the info you want. Other Christchurch posters are JWW, Wheels of Steel and Muppetking. The latter is not happy here and more inclined to give you the negatives as he sees them, so between us you should get a balanced view.

Oh and don't forget Don of 'Pleasance family' who is newly arrived and currently cruising around the south island in his badass 4wd!
If you have any more specific questions fire away.

Paula

Last edited by Watt Dabney; Oct 4th 2003 at 9:25 am.