Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Info About Geelong Please

Info About Geelong Please

Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

laine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info About Geelong Please

Can anybody give me any info about Geelong, and surrounding areas.
Would it be a good area for the kids?
Any business opportunities (retail preferrably)
Any good beaches nearby?
THANKS
Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info About Geelong Please

Originally posted by laine
Any good beaches nearby?
THANKS

Hi Laine,

Try this link for some general info:
http://www.greatoceanroad.org/geelong/index.asp

There are one or two forum members who live in Geelong so hopefully they will see this thread.

Also put Geelong into the "search this forum" box up to the top right of the page.

Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:35 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Geelong

It works for us ... we live in Geelong: 20 minutes from the Surf Coast beaches and an hour from Melbourne ... but each to their own.

This previous thread might also help:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=108456

Best regards.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Torquay is nearby which is a fantastic beach area.

Originally posted by laine
Any good beaches nearby?
THANKS
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:31 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by melaniee
The coast there catches the full force of a swell from the antarctic. Tasmania shields NSW from swells in that area. Bells Beach is Australias only surfing national park (might be the worlds only surfing national park). Definately on my to do list.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:32 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by melaniee
Bells Beach - site of the 50 year storm (I watched Point Break the other evening)
Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

laine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bix
Hi Laine,

Try this link for some general info:
http://www.greatoceanroad.org/geelong/index.asp

There are one or two forum members who live in Geelong so hopefully they will see this thread.

Also put Geelong into the "search this forum" box up to the top right of the page.

Thanks Bix

Geelong looks a lovely place going to have a look at the property and business opportunities. My oldest son is already deciding which surf board to get.