Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

industeral engineers, manafacturing

industeral engineers, manafacturing

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light
Default industeral engineers, manafacturing

are there any out there in oz,finding it difficult to find jobs on the net getting a bit worried as to job possibilities if we do get there:scared: thanks any help on this subject would be a grate help .
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: industeral engineers, manafacturing

Originally Posted by charlie brown
are there any out there in oz,finding it difficult to find jobs on the net getting a bit worried as to job possibilities if we do get there:scared: thanks any help on this subject would be a grate help .
I am currently waiting to go out to the Gold Coast as we have had our visas for 7 weeks now and have found that most jobs on the net require you to already be in Australia before you can apply. I am just going to go out there, register with employment agents and sit back and wait. I have spoken to many Aussy agents and they are very positive that all skilled migrants should not have many problems gaining employment. One sure tip though, if you are applying for a job over the net make sure you use your spell check facility.....
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

...and also state you already have full work rights in Oz.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=charlie brown]are there any out there in oz,finding it difficult to find jobs on the net getting a bit worried as to job possibilities if we do get there:scared: thanks any help on this subject would be a grate help .

Hi there

I was an industrial engineer for a very large manufacturing company in the UK and could nt find any work of that type when we got here (5 years ago). I signed up with numerous agencies on arrival but no luck in industrial engineering . Luckily I have a degree in something else and was able to pick up work in that field. I must say I have never seen any jobs advertised here for that line of work, but then I stopped looking after getting my current position. We live in Perth so not much manufacturing companies here, may be different over east??

Good luck with your quest!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The S's
I am currently waiting to go out to the Gold Coast as we have had our visas for 7 weeks now and have found that most jobs on the net require you to already be in Australia before you can apply. I am just going to go out there, register with employment agents and sit back and wait. I have spoken to many Aussy agents and they are very positive that all skilled migrants should not have many problems gaining employment. One sure tip though, if you are applying for a job over the net make sure you use your spell check facility.....
sorry if my spelling is crap but I'm the hairdresser , hubby is the brains of our outfit ,you know what they say about hairdressers, by the way where did you go on holiday this year hehehehehe
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Betty Boot]

Hi there

I was an industrial engineer for a very large manufacturing company in the UK and could nt find any work of that type when we got here (5 years ago). I signed up with numerous agencies on arrival but no luck in industrial engineering . Luckily I have a degree in something else and was able to pick up work in that field. I must say I have never seen any jobs advertised here for that line of work, but then I stopped looking after getting my current position. We live in Perth so not much manufacturing companies here, may be different over east??

Good luck with your quest!
thanks bb that was what we were finding there are a few process engineer jobs so might be a bit of an up hill climb then, he dose know that it might be difficult but he is good he goes all over the Europe etc with his job, so he is as they say multi skilled, suppose well just have to suck it and see . cb
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

sorry if my spelling is crap but I'm the hairdresser , hubby is the brains of our outfit ,you know what they say about hairdressers, by the way where did you go on holiday this year hehehehehe
Mines crap too, I usually get the wife to check mine. If you are a hair dresser are you going on your skills or your hubbys????????
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mines crap too, I usually get the wife to check mine. If you are a hair dresser are you going on your skills or your hubbys????????
hubbys he was a fitter first worked his way up , i'm just the hanger on
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

hubbys he was a fitter first worked his way up , i'm just the hanger on
I am a fitter too. I am told that the skills shortage means that Aus is desperate for fitters as they are on the MODL. If your hubby is prepared to slum it again with us greasemonkeys he should be able to find work. If he has ever worked on Diesel plant then they will come and kidnap him during the night and make him work 24/7 that is how desperate they are for them.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

I am a fitter too. I am told that the skills shortage means that Aus is desperate for fitters as they are on the MODL. If your hubby is prepared to slum it again with us greasemonkeys he should be able to find work. If he has ever worked on Diesel plant then they will come and kidnap him during the night and make him work 24/7 that is how desperate they are for them.
he is very willing to go back to the tools he has go as far as getting them out and cleaning them, I secretly think he is quite looking forward to it ,he is dockyard trained so he did all sorts ,engines plastic moulds etc etc, he worked for several big company's as fitter and turner,
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

he is very willing to go back to the tools he has go as far as getting them out and cleaning them, I secretly think he is quite looking forward to it ,he is dockyard trained so he did all sorts ,engines plastic moulds etc etc, he worked for several big company's as fitter and turner,
I think he should have no problems then if he can't get a job in his current position he is lucky enough to be able to fall back into his old one.
Plus you are lucky to be able to do a job that is also in demand you should be quids in, sorry dollars in.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

I think he should have no problems then if he can't get a job in his current position he is lucky enough to be able to fall back into his old one.
Plus you are lucky to be able to do a job that is also in demand you should be quids in, sorry dollars in.
do you know how much fitters earn then, hope that it will be all right but i don't think any one knows till they are there and finding the work. but it will be fine as we both don't relay mind what we do, do you want fries with that
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

do you know how much fitters earn then, hope that it will be all right but i don't think any one knows till they are there and finding the work. but it will be fine as we both don't relay mind what we do, do you want fries with that
I am told that because of the demand wages are quite good. It depends though on what he is prepared to do. One woman here claims her hubby earns 4X his wage here but that is on fly in fly out.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=The S's]I am told that because of the demand wages are quite good. It depends though on what he is prepared to do. One woman here claims her hubby earns 4X his wage here but that is on fly in fly out.[/QUOTE
think after that will clean the tools for him , he says he points at the job at the moment but doing it won't be problem, thanks for all the info CB
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 1:36 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

I applied on the net a couple of weeks before we set off. Although some replies stated that they required someone sooner, I got quite a lot of positive feedback with some asking me to contact them on arrival in Australia. The job I'm in now was from one such reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.