Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

indoor swimming pools????....

indoor swimming pools????....

Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:40 am
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all
Default indoor swimming pools????....

Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows if there are any indoor swimming pools around my area (roughly). I stay in Ormeau, most pools i see on internet are outside, and don't open till 1st wk in september!! Really got it into my head this week to get fit so i really don't want to wait another wk or two, as with this horrible weather i will just sit indoors and eat!!

Thanx
Fiona xx
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:09 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: indoor swimming pools????....

Originally Posted by grossenbol
Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows if there are any indoor swimming pools around my area (roughly). I stay in Ormeau, most pools i see on internet are outside, and don't open till 1st wk in september!! Really got it into my head this week to get fit so i really don't want to wait another wk or two, as with this horrible weather i will just sit indoors and eat!!

Thanx
Fiona xx
What's an indoor swimming pool?
I think they have those in England don't they?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:22 pm
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

Damn, thats where i saw one, mind u with all the rain here you'd think it wouldn't matter !!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
What's an indoor swimming pool?
I think they have those in England don't they?
i woodcutter

just noticed your in redcliffe.

what do you think of it?
is it a good place for kids?

this was one of the first places we liked on our recci but then we ended up in caloundra and really liked it,but i don't think we looked into redcliffe enough
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:38 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by camacazi
i woodcutter

just noticed your in redcliffe.

what do you think of it?
is it a good place for kids?

this was one of the first places we liked on our recci but then we ended up in caloundra and really liked it,but i don't think we looked into redcliffe enough
We are very happy in Redcliffe and it suits us. It's good for Sunshine and Gold Coast, and the commute into Brisbane's not too bad. Spend a lot of time at Bribie. Caloundra is lovely but just a bit too far from Brisbane for us (work).
Our children love it and have loads to do. And we feel very safe.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
We are very happy in Redcliffe and it suits us. It's good for Sunshine and Gold Coast, and the commute into Brisbane's not too bad. Spend a lot of time at Bribie. Caloundra is lovely but just a bit too far from Brisbane for us (work).
Our children love it and have loads to do. And we feel very safe.
Thought you were referring to domestic indoor pools...

the lifestyles of the rich and famous...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Thought you were referring to domestic indoor pools...

the lifestyles of the rich and famous...

Hee Hee me too
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Our local pool is one of those olympic sized jobbies outdoors and it's open all year round. I had the girls doing swim lessons last year - they didn't like me much There's a small indoor one down this way in Burleigh but don't know of any others - oh hang on, a friend who's up Mount Cotton was talking about a gym not too far away that has an indoor pool. Must be relatively close to you. I can text her in the morning if you like.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:51 am
Cobbalobs

Aw yeh that would be great thnx, Mount cott. only about 15 mins away, could do that. Thanx again.
Fiona x
Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's called Good Life Gym and it's in Alexander Hills. Don't know what it's like or how expensive. Good luck

Edit: just found this. There's a link on the page to download a free offer. Don't know if it's of any use.
Edit 2: the link may help http://www.gymlink.com.au/listing/3668

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 21st 2007 at 2:11 am.