Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Indonesia pleads to Bali tourists

Old May 30th 2005, 7:45 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Indonesia pleads to Bali tourists

"A boycott would run counter to an overall improvement in Indonesian-Australian relations in recent years, ministry spokesman Marty Natalegawa said."

Well, it is possible that someone in Indonesia would prefer a souring of relations. Bombs had the reverse effect. A few judicial shootings might have the desired effect with less collateral damage.
Old May 30th 2005, 7:54 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indonesia pleads to Bali tourists

Originally Posted by Megalania

"A boycott would run counter to an overall improvement in Indonesian-Australian relations in recent years, ministry spokesman Marty Natalegawa said."

Well, it is possible that someone in Indonesia would prefer a souring of relations. Bombs had the reverse effect. A few judicial shootings might have the desired effect with less collateral damage.

Buggar Indonesia! Did any of you see that fat goon from the prosecutors office in Bali tell the reporter they wanted death for corby, and he could go to hell?

Arrogant prick.
Old May 30th 2005, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Tula is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot believe that John Howard wont do something, We just lost 9 Australians helping them out I trust the repay the favour.
However I do hope on her return she is humble and doesn't become another worthless seleb doing the rounds.
Old May 30th 2005, 8:02 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Please please please don't pick on me (I am very pregnant) but has anyone considered that she is actually guilty?
The judge gave it passing consideration.
Old May 30th 2005, 9:10 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of years of cheap holidays will have the tourists going back. Maybe the case will deter the dopehead bogans, end of season AFL and league players that ruin the place.
Old May 30th 2005, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Tula
I cannot believe that John Howard wont do something, We just lost 9 Australians helping them out I trust the repay the favour.
However I do hope on her return she is humble and doesn't become another worthless seleb doing the rounds.
I don't think the families of the deceased would like their memories tainted with drug smugglers who had nothing to do the tsunami effort.
Old May 30th 2005, 9:25 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

www.banbali.com
Old May 30th 2005, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Buggar Indonesia! Did any of you see that fat goon from the prosecutors office in Bali tell the reporter they wanted death for corby, and he could go to hell?

Arrogant prick.

With all due respect I think your response is a tad arrogant too.

Regardless of your personal beliefs and opinions on the subject, the fact is that no one (except Corby herself) knows for absolute sure whether she is innocent or not, and the Indonesians probably fear that if they are lenient with one suspect it will open the floodgates of drug trafficking.
Old May 30th 2005, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by janeyray
Is there a boycott qantas (whose employees are blamed by some) or blame the police (who have been complicit with other smuggling cases) or ban the mob website?
Old May 30th 2005, 9:41 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunlover

Regardless of your personal beliefs and opinions on the subject, the fact is that no one (except Corby herself) knows for absolute sure whether she is innocent or not, and the Indonesians probably fear that if they are lenient with one suspect it will open the floodgates of drug trafficking.
Absolutely. IF she is guilty.....drug trafficking to anywhere is reckless but to SE Asia it defies belief. Again IF she is guilty, you may find that the mothers and fathers of young adults killed by the drugs trade may feel slightly different about the death sentence.

Moreover, as with corruption in all parts of the developing world - N Korea, Sudan, pre Saddam Iraq, hurting the locals vie boycotts due to the activities of a few in power doesn't sit right morally.
Nobody knows about, and feels the impact of, the corruption of the Indonesian judiciary, police and government more than ordinary Indonesians.
Old May 30th 2005, 10:11 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunlover

SUNLOVER me old tart, i never ever thought i would agree with you, but you have hit the nail on the head. They will never lose face, even with given circumstances............... mm
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:33 am
Banned

A finely crafted method of stirring up trouble between Indo and Aus:

"AN envelope found at the Indonesian embassy in Canberra today has tested positive for a biological agent, Foreign Minister Alexander Downer told Parliament this afternoon."

Biological agent shuts embassy
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalania
A finely crafted method of stirring up trouble between Indo and Aus:
The Ozzies need to be careful of the Indos. There are 300 million of them and only 20 million of us. I am sure they would welcome an excuse to cross the Timor Sea on a land grab.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NedKelly
The Ozzies need to be careful of the Indos. There are 300 million of them and only 20 million of us. I am sure they would welcome an excuse to cross the Timor Sea on a land grab.
We'll swap - 300 M Indos in Aus and 20 M Aussies in Indo - deal?
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

screw them, they are one of the most corrupt countries on earth and most of their hard currency income comes from tourism.

Once they start starving from lack of tourists there will be popular pressure for democracy, it's a process seen the world over (currently being seen in Egypt and Palestine) and will either lead to anarchy and less tourists or democracy and more tourists. Either way it's their problem and if they want to stick with a corrupt, unjust government it's up to them.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.