Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

indie skilled: notification about medicals/police checks

indie skilled: notification about medicals/police checks

Old Mar 7th 2004, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

heather_l_jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy indie skilled: notification about medicals/police checks

I applied in May 2003 for an independent skilled migration visa and still havent received any request for medicals etc....Now paranoia is creeping in....slowly...have Adelaide already sent this request and for some reason it hasnt got to me?!

I have given them an e-mail address and my postal address - would Adelaide e-mail or write to me and would they repeat the request if they do not receive a response?????....

....argghh, its enough to make grown men weep

RSVP

Cheers

Heather
Old Mar 7th 2004, 4:13 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to go off your topic but...are you originally from Cheshire / Manchester area ?
Old Mar 7th 2004, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

ozzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: indie skilled: notification about medicals/police checks

Originally posted by heather_l_jones
I applied in May 2003 for an independent skilled migration visa and still havent received any request for medicals etc....Now paranoia is creeping in....slowly...have Adelaide already sent this request and for some reason it hasnt got to me?!

I have given them an e-mail address and my postal address - would Adelaide e-mail or write to me and would they repeat the request if they do not receive a response?????....

RSVP

Cheers

Heather
Hi Heather
Just some info reference the process time
I lodged in August 2003 through an agent, I contacted my agent to see if they had any idea on the time frame, and they said that they had just received March 2003 applications to be actioned, they said that Adelaide are running a bit behind, so it looks like a 12 month process time at the moment?
It did say in the Australian News that class 136 was a 20 month process, but my agent dissagreed with that. As you'rs was lodged before ours, let us know when it happens.
Ta
Ozzy
Old Mar 7th 2004, 7:02 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by heather_l_jones

RSVP

Cheers

Heather

Why don't you call them tonight - you have waited long enough - they won't mind, we called them loads!

Also applied in May and ours were granted 23 Feb SI 136 and lots of may applicants and some June seem to have had the request by now so yours must be on the way any day.

Just ask if you have a case officer assigned yet.

It will put your mind at rest. It's a stupid system when other later applicants seem to get the request before you do.

Good Luck

Maxine
Old Mar 7th 2004, 8:19 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Heather,

we applied at the end of May and the first thing we knew about our application (appart from the credit card bouncing) was when the yellow envelope turned up, requesting another police check!!

We front loaded the application, but there is nothing stopping you having the medicals & applying for the police checks now.
You don't have to send them, you can hold them untill they request them.

What do you think?

Bye
Mark H
Old Mar 7th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hiya
We applied in May 2002 and got the med requests in April 2003.
Old Mar 7th 2004, 11:20 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

I am sooo glad to see your post! I thought it was just me they didn't like I applied 30 May 2003 and haven't heard a word. I'm in no hurry to migrate to Oz, yet seeing everyone else get a request for medicals definitely has been making me a bit paranoid. I'm trying to hold on and refrain from phoning (although please let me know what you hear if you phone!).
Old Mar 8th 2004, 8:48 am
Just Joined

heather_l_jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Wow - I've obviously tapped into a shared worry here! Many thanks for all your advice. I have tried calling & e-mailing Adelaide without much success (standard messages/disconnection) so I think I will just wait it out.

Hi Irishmolly - sorry but not from around the north-west, I'm a southerner.

Thanks for all your messages, its nice to know I'm not alone here! Perhaps I'll see you all in Sydney before I draw my pension!

Best regards

Heather
Old Mar 8th 2004, 5:26 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Can't believe it! Guess what came in the post today... my meds & police request!!! Heather, you should be getting your requests any day now...!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

We did our medicals/police checks (unrequested) and sent an email to Oz asking what address to send the Police checks to. Next thing we know we received an email requesting them.

Give it a go, we seemed to have hurried someone along. (we applied 11 July 03).

Mandy