Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Indian Pacific from Perth to Adelaide.

Indian Pacific from Perth to Adelaide.

Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:00 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Indian Pacific from Perth to Adelaide.

Just thought I'd let you know that we are leaving Perth on 26th May via the 'Indian Pacific' train to Adelaide which is a bargain price of $155 each one way and $130 for children. We have to join 'Back Packers' to get the cheaper rate (normally $350) it takes two days but we think it will be a great adventure. We are spending a few days with friends in Adelaide then flying onto Sydney for about a week.

We managed to get good flights from Sydney to New Zealand (with NZ Airlines) and are stopping over there for a few days then it's onto LA for about a week. Then via France to the UK. The flights were a bargain at $1300 each. I had tried so hard to get flights to LA but everything was coming up so expensive. I had convinced myself that it was a stop over in Vietnam

Flight centre got us the flights.

Mickey Mouse here we come!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

wow sounds like a fantastic journey you've got yourself planned!

Have a great time, you will love the Indian Pacific, what a way to travel, we did the whole Perth to Sydney journey a couple of years ago and loved it!!

Happy travelling!!

love sophia xx
Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Default Re: Indian Pacific from Perth to Adelaide.

Originally posted by janeyray
Just thought I'd let you know that we are leaving Perth on 26th May via the 'Indian Pacific' train to Adelaide which is a bargain price of $155 each one way and $130 for children. We have to join 'Back Packers' to get the cheaper rate (normally $350) it takes two days but we think it will be a great adventure. We are spending a few days with friends in Adelaide then flying onto Sydney for about a week.

We managed to get good flights from Sydney to New Zealand (with NZ Airlines) and are stopping over there for a few days then it's onto LA for about a week. Then via France to the UK. The flights were a bargain at $1300 each. I had tried so hard to get flights to LA but everything was coming up so expensive. I had convinced myself that it was a stop over in Vietnam

Flight centre got us the flights.

Mickey Mouse here we come!!!!
I went on the Indian Pacific in 1985. It's great.... What class are you travelling ? I was in scumbag class, but it was a great experience all the same.....
Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:13 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Did the Adelaide to red centre years ago.........coach adelaide to sydney and back the rest of the way!
Great way to see the countryside...!!!!!

sue
Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:14 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Innyjim
I was in scumbag class, but it was a great experience all the same.....
Oh yes, thats our class too!!! Just doing it for the experience. They have showers I'am told so at least we can keep refreshed!

Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by janeyray
Oh yes, thats our class too!!! Just doing it for the experience. They have showers I'am told so at least we can keep refreshed!

Yeah the showers are cool.
I loved passing all the little fueling and mail stations on the Nullabor with a population of one and a dog. Mad place....
Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

yeah the really tiny places you stop at on the nullabor is really mad and WAY cool! We stopped at a place called cook which had a population of 4, no-one I noticed ventured too far from the train on that stop!!

There is a hermit guy that lives along the track somewhere, they tell you the tale over the speaker system, he helped build the original railway and still lives out in the bush in this house that is just made of odds and ends. The slow the train down occasionally and the staff say they chuck out tins of Milo for him!

love sophia x
Old Apr 19th 2004, 2:41 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sophia
yeah the really tiny places you stop at on the nullabor is really mad and WAY cool! We stopped at a place called cook which had a population of 4, no-one I noticed ventured too far from the train on that stop!!

There is a hermit guy that lives along the track somewhere, they tell you the tale over the speaker system, he helped build the original railway and still lives out in the bush in this house that is just made of odds and ends. The slow the train down occasionally and the staff say they chuck out tins of Milo for him!

love sophia x
hey did you know Sainsburys sell milo now?? I was so excited when I found it a couple of months ago........my mate who works there thought i was barmy when i got excited over tins of choc milkshake!!!

sue

ps sorry janeyray for taking the thread a bit OT!!