Wikiposts

Indian Food

Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:58 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Food

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Yep, can't normally get a word in in this house & if I do no-one listens anyway, so best off talking to myself .
I got a good idea.
Let's ask Dagboy for his opinion...........on Indian food of course.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Yep, can't normally get a word in in this house & if I do no-one listens anyway, so best off talking to myself .
Yeah right Dream on
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:06 pm
...and loving it!

Snaphappy in Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

We are the U.K. Indian fans.....Chicken Bhuna and Chapati's with Bombay aloo!
Living in Port Kennedy and can't find a decent take-away anywhere.
Have resorted to cooking our own...experimenting as yet. Considering writing to my good old take-away back in Mirfield in the U.K. and begging them to send me the recipe! Perhaps I will have to open up over here with their recipes....I bet it would be busy...they did fantastic food!
The practising is good! Perfect excuse for a Friday night with friends...not that we ever need an excuse! There are 3 of us at it now so surely we will hit it right soon!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:16 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

For me, The Curry Secret is the best cook book. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...813795-6402803 and read the reviews.
Well worth it.

Andrew
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:21 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayDownUnder
What does everyone think about the Indian restaurants in perth.

My option is they are nowhere near as tasty as back in the UK :scared:
Try Ninemarys in the city its the best we've found in Perth - the Crayfish Massala is superb, nothing like those bright red hideous looking things you get in the UK.
Its sister restaurants Chutney Mary's (Subiaco) is also good and Cinnamon Club (Leedville) havent tried it yet, but should be pretty good.
Royal India in West Perth is fairly good, although the menu needs updating as its pretty boring compared to the above ones, a lot of the dishes taste the same...
Steve
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

sindydoll is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goldcoastblue
Same here, having worked with Indians over the last two years, I can say the majority of what ever you call it in the UK is not what most Indians eat or would be happy with.

Its been adapted to suit the ten pint 12 o'clock england footy fan.....

afvtor a vindoloooooooooooooo, sorry if I upset you guys,

but what is the traditional indian sunday dish is, within 10 seconds of reading this, without looking it up,

answers on a post card,,,,,

I know the one in in Birkdale, is good to average, but I dont like the contradiction in terms

Aussie girls wearing England footy strips, working in a Indian, come Balti restaurant for indian/pakistani, brummy british , just toooo freaky for me....

and they have brummy accents which is no problem, but the st george flag should go....

i like my food indian, just the way it should be.

no offence to you guys, just not my scooner of xxxx
So whats freaky about that and why should the flag go?
I like the flag it makes me feel at home and as for your food being INDIAN do you have any idea what indian people actually eat at home
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:31 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sindydoll
I like the flag it makes me feel at home and as for your food being INDIAN do you have any idea what indian people actually eat at home
Surely this is home now? - the flag of St George reminds you of the UK.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

sindydoll is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Surely this is home now? - the flag of St George reminds you of the UK.

It takes a long time for a place to become home. Its still early days for us
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:46 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

It takes a long time for a place to become home. Its still early days for us
Took us till we opened the door.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 2:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
For me, The Curry Secret is the best cook book. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...813795-6402803 and read the reviews.
Well worth it.

Andrew
And seconded. Only cost £3.99 but brilliant if you want curries tasting like UK takeaways.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 6:29 pm
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Indian Food sucks in Australia, Europe and US...
My best experience was in India where they used decent spices quite balanced or the best option is to insist some Indian who has Indian wife...

I am fond of India food especially after one lady explained me the importance of spieces and its good affect on health...
a point to think
- Bart
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BartSimpson
Indian Food sucks in Australia, Europe and US...
My best experience was in India where they used decent spices quite balanced or the best option is to insist some Indian who has Indian wife...

I am fond of India food especially after one lady explained me the importance of spieces and its good affect on health...
a point to think
- Bart
It's quite nice from 'The Star of India' in Easington Colliery, Co. Durham
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:52 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Cheers for that.
I may give it a go sometime.
It's only about a 5-10 minute drive from where I live.
The meal was very nice the night we went but the Swiss owner made the night as was a little like being in an episode of Faulty Towers with his Swiss accent and funny manerisms.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:09 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wayDownUnder
What does everyone think about the Indian restaurants in perth.

My option is they are nowhere near as tasty as back in the UK :scared:
As someone who loves Indian food, and thought it could be one of the things I missed when living here, I have to tell you the best indian restaurant I have ever been to............. is in Perth, its called the Royal India, and is between Perth and Subi, its fantastic, is almost always full, and the tandoori fish is probably the best food I have ever tasted. I have to be honest though, we kissed a good few frogs before we found the Royal India, the standard of all the indians we found before we went there, was very average.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

No, enlighten me, I made the statement without any knowledge of what Indian food is just guess work.

CAn you tell me what Indian people eat at home?

what is Indian food? are you Indian?

As for the flag, I find the englishness about it all far too unauthentic, its like the "Cooper" family from the Kumars show trying to be English.

Funny, a st george flag in a Indian restaurants reminds you of home........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.