Reload this Page >

India vs Australia

India vs Australia

Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

salman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: India vs Australia

Originally Posted by abhijeet.waykar
I dont know about the how much salary you can expect after coming here ... but I can tell you one thing for sure that you will have peace of mind here ( which you could never get in India ...no offense but its what I strongly feel) Its a paradise here :-)

India vs Australia --- No way mate you can't compare them.. Australia is way up there ..right on the top :-)
I disagree with abhijeet, Australia is not paradise. You may find it a lonely planet unless you already have friends and family there. I would live in my own country if offered a good job there. You may find work quite quickly as market is picking up.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah many aussies or queuing up for IPL MAN .Big money matters. For your information more indians are in top richest list. IT is paid well now and china and india going to be supreme powers by in coming years. Yeah population and poor standard of living hiding many facts. every contry has its own merits and demertis. Year poor indians queuing here for better exchange rate

Dhama

Originally Posted by mohogony
Pros and Cons? Pro -Australia is a first world country.
Con -India is a third world country.
You don't see many AUssies queuing up to live in India, you do see thousands of Inidans queuing up to live in OZ.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozmania
reg. this point...well, you earn in dollars and you spend in dollars
In India, the living expense percentage of the income is not as high as that in Sydney (atleast that what I believe.) With my current financial status, i can afford a luxury home, a luxury car, house maids etc.
Most Indians have the lure of converting dollars into Indian Rupee and they feel good about it!! and prob that's the reason we see long queues outside foreign embassies.

I am a bit confused and can argue on both sides of the debate
At a guess, if the luxury stuff and home help is your priority it sounds like India would be your best bet.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
I have Migrated form USA last year. They are not worried about your qualification. But Local experience is the key factor here. After working in New-york stock exchange for a high billing Rate in last 3Years OZ recruiters and clients were not even bothered to read My resume. Finally i had to accept the offer at gold coast for a less salary compromising my skill set and i had to work in PHP MYSQL which i was not familiar with . However after few days when i started quoting in my resume that i am working for a gold coast client then so many interviews are lined up. Unlike USA and UK Here the recruitment policy and strategy is very weak. Every thing go with local experience and References which is worry some. I don't think Oz has better IT infrastructure than USA.Since you will be moving to Sydney and also you have investment Banking Experience then you have high possibility to crack some thing soon.(Other day i quoted some agencies in Sydney) However it is better to go for the first job in oz what ever comes on your Way. Then you can expect many interviews are lined up( For your information there are lot of c++,Java and .net vacancies for investment banking, equities and trading remain unfilled in Sydney)Hope this helps.

Cheers
Dhama
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dhama
They are not worried about your qualification.
As a recruiter I can tell you that is rubbish. Australia is very anal with respect to qualifications.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

you can't hide abig pumpkin inside a Burger. It is all bitter truth and experience

Cheers Man

Originally Posted by Deancm
As a recruiter I can tell you that is rubbish. Australia is very anal with respect to qualifications.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

For your Info. My PM Is Tafe Diploma Qualified . But he is Smart and Efficient

Dham

Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozmania
reg. this point...well, you earn in dollars and you spend in dollars
In India, the living expense percentage of the income is not as high as that in Sydney (atleast that what I believe.) With my current financial status, i can afford a luxury home, a luxury car, house maids etc.
Most Indians have the lure of converting dollars into Indian Rupee and they feel good about it!! and prob that's the reason we see long queues outside foreign embassies.

I am a bit confused and can argue on both sides of the debate
I agree with all what you've said above. We could have lived a life of luxury in India and all that without having to work at all (not that we need to in Australia). However, there are some things that money can't buy. For e.g. clean air, clean surroundings, beautiful well planned suburbs, no mossies, no power cuts, stuff we take for granted when we live away from India. There are some lovely suburbs in Blre too (if you look at my photo gallery you will see what I mean where we could have still lived (and we will return eventually once my kids finish their education. Our priorities will change when we're old and India then will have a lot more to offer than Australia). One of the main reasons we didn't want to return to India after our expat stint was the fact that my kids would have had to study in an international school (not having studied in an Indian curriculum school before) and would have had to travel a fair distance to get there (from the suburb we would have liked to live in).

We like our life in Melbourne (just as I liked living in Dubai and India) and once my oh joins us life will become even better.

I would suggest you validate your visa, meet headhunters, get a feel for the place and see what the job market is like. Save up like crazy for a couple of years in India, so that this will see you through the first couple of months till you settle down and find a job.

Good luck!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:11 am
Account Closed

For your Info. My PM Is Tafe Diploma Qualified . But he is Smart and Efficient

Dham
So your PM is a) Australian, b) got many years of Australian experience and c) possesses Australian qualifications.

If a person has years and years of experience and has worked for respected organisations and this can be verified then qualifications will be overlooked. However, if you have moved from a country such as India with less than say about 5 years industry experience then qualifications will play a big part.

It also depends on whether you want to work for the IBMs or CSCs of the world or the two bob software shop down the road.

I have literally had clients tell me that they do not want to see Indian candidates because their qualifications are not to the standard of those in Australia and that the standard of work generally performed is sub-standard compared to Australian counterparts. This is why if you are Indian, employers for the most part insist on western experience.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi
Thanks for the Detailed Response. Appreciate it. However Any migrant comes to Australia it is very Difficult Go through the ACS Process . They Go through syllabus and your credentials and even many fail to get positive assessment. In that case how you can (I mean client) feel Masters degree from India are below PAR with Australian Tafe course. Some thing Strange . I heard form this same forum that Harvard University Environmental scientist was considered for Less Point than Tafe course. Do you want to say that tafe is better than Harvard.This what they perceive . From Recruiter Point of view are correct. However in practical after working for 7 years in USA still they said that you don't have oz experience. USA Experience was not considerd. I know what is my pain. You don't understand.
Any way thanks for Patience and Detailed Response.

Regards
Dhama
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:57 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

India vs Australia - Australia by 178 runs.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:26 am
Account Closed

Hi
Thanks for the Detailed Response. Appreciate it. However Any migrant comes to Australia it is very Difficult Go through the ACS Process . They Go through syllabus and your credentials and even many fail to get positive assessment. In that case how you can (I mean client) feel Masters degree from India are below PAR with Australian Tafe course. Some thing Strange . I heard form this same forum that Harvard University Environmental scientist was considered for Less Point than Tafe course. Do you want to say that tafe is better than Harvard.This what they perceive . From Recruiter Point of view are correct. However in practical after working for 7 years in USA still they said that you don't have oz experience. USA Experience was not considerd. I know what is my pain. You don't understand.
Any way thanks for Patience and Detailed Response.

Regards
Dhama
This is your own experience unique to you. My point of view comes from dealing with thousands of job applicants with many different job openings with many different organisations.

No, a TAFE qualification is not better than a degree from Harvard. The point I am making is that qualifications from some Indian institutions are not recognised by education authorities in Australia, masters degree or not.

The fact of the matter is that you are comparing educational standards of a third world country (India) to a first world country (Australia). Not to mention that the Indian education system is rife with corruption. A perfect example of this is a particular instance with Oracle certification conducted in India where people were paying people to sit the tests for them.

Take for example British electricians. This is a trade qualification and not a degree and yet even their qualifications are not recognised in Australia and must do a bridging course in order to get their licence.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

@IndieG - thanks for sharing your scenario. I already have a nest egg to survive on for few months, so i will come in mid May to Sydney and will give it a try.

@dhama - it's a good reality check which you provided. I had quite high expectations to land into a good job as soon as i arrive there, but now i will get myself prepared for the strugle ahead.

@Deancm - thanks a ton for your inputs.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

A perfect example of this is a particular instance with Oracle certification conducted in India where people were paying people to sit the tests for them.
......just like people were/are paying to obtain diplomas/certificates in hairdressing/catering/...etc from dubious one shutter "colleges" in Melbourne CBD....lol

You can't tar all the universities/colleges with one brush. Depends largely on the university and the college. I would say the standards and the quality of students in the top institutes (the Indian Institute of Technology - IIT, Indian Institute of Management - IIM) far exceed those of any university in Australia, notwithstanding the ranking. Students here secure several job offers (not just from India,some are also headhunted by software companies and investment banks in the US and the UK) even before they graduate.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Dhama,

I guess I need all the luck here!! I am planning a move from the US -Feb 2011.Work for a large Fortune 50 company and have about 7 yrs US experience. In Networking though.

Could you provide me some tips? Will really appreciate that.

-scaria197

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.