indecisive

Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default indecisive

hello again,
i know this has probably been done before but how many of you out there have decided you are definitely going for it and moving to oz but still are not 100%.i decided finally today that we are going for it but i feel that i am still not 100%,95% maybe.is this normal or am i being to cautious.i am not going to change my mind but i have always made decisions on my gut feeling although previous decisions haven't been as important as this one.the indecision over the last 3 weeks has been doing my bloody head in,just to know that others feel the same would be a help.thanks
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

doodle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: indecisive

I think your feelings are well justified. I moved with my husband and three children 6 years ago to the USA, we are all from Essex by the way. We all had the same feelings however it worked out really well for us in the States. We did miss our family and friends a lot at first and still do but you do get used to it. We are now in the same situation as it looks like we are going to granted a visa to live in Australia. My brother and his family moved there 2 years ago and we also have other relatives that live in the Perth area. The worries that we have are the relatively low wages and the amount of tax that you have to pay. The idea of moving for us is to have an equal if not better lifestyle and not to be worse of financially. My husband has to get a job which is never easy and my children have to fit in to a new culture. So what is it that lures us there? We would like to be able to retire with enough money to be comfortable and for our children to be able to go to university. On paper it looks like that this is possible, in reality who knows. I know from experience that it will never be what you expect. I would say take your time dont be rushed and dont get carried away with the emotions on this site! Good luck.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:39 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: indecisive

That sounds about right.
If you were any more uncertain then maybe there is some big reason why you shouldn't commit. If you were more certain then maybe you're missing something.
It's a good thing being cautious IMHO.