Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

indecisions indecisions

indecisions indecisions

Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default indecisions indecisions

I am feeling like a complete nutter at the moment and would value fellow bx pats comments.
We were in oz, came back, nagged husband to go back, hes agreed and just submitted his police application to Queensland police. Now for all the months of despair of feeling desperate to return I now feel scared and worried are we doing the right thing!! I am so confused I wanted it so badly and now its possible I'm thinking, is that what we really want. someone on the return to UK forum said emigrating is like Pandora's box once you open it things will never be the same again and it is so true. I just want to feel settled and lead a normal life! Do you think I'm having a normal reaction, or am I truly being a nutter!!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:01 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: indecisions indecisions

give aussie a go for a year so you have time to get settled etc and then youll know really where you want to be weather it be UK or Aussie youll know better after giving it a chance
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:11 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fishface
Do you think I'm having a normal reaction, or am I truly being a nutter!!

yeah i think its normal
we couldn't wait for visa reply now its here well its real and a kind of numbness sets in. the nerves kick in and then the am i doing the right thing goes on in your mind.
Debra steveo other half
ps our 13 year old cried when we told her our visa was accepted and didnt know why when we asked Her
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi Fishface,

I don't think your a nutter at all (but then again I have never met you...). Where did you live in Australia and where would you be moving back to? Just wondering if it is the same place or you were going to try another state?

You read a lot on here of people who move here then back to UK and realise why they left in the first place, there are advantages and disadvantages to living in both places and only you can decide whats best for your family. Personally I would give Oz another go and hopefully you will settle down knowing that you have been back to UK and how you felt when you were there.

good luck to you and your family
Marie
xx
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: indecisions indecisions

Originally Posted by fluffy1
Hi Fishface,

I don't think your a nutter at all (but then again I have never met you...). Where did you live in Australia and where would you be moving back to? Just wondering if it is the same place or you were going to try another state?

You read a lot on here of people who move here then back to UK and realise why they left in the first place, there are advantages and disadvantages to living in both places and only you can decide whats best for your family. Personally I would give Oz another go and hopefully you will settle down knowing that you have been back to UK and how you felt when you were there.

good luck to you and your family
Marie
xx
Hi thanks all for your support, as I sit here freezing cold with the heating on high! and another exciting day inside the house I can think of lots of good reasons that we want to return for. I think I am scared about telling family again too, especially my mum who is a widow, and having been and returned, they all think we are back for good,. So that doesn't help me at the mo.
Yes we will go back to where we were which was the sunshine coast Caloundra. It was beautiful and we met some lovely people and found a great school too. When I think of the UK long term for us and the kids I know Australia has a lot more to offer us. I think we had to come back to see what we were missing, or not as the case may be!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:33 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

i think everyone feels like that it's just fear of the unknown,i don't think your doing yourself any favours going in the return to the uk forum,I've only been in the place a couple of times and it always makes me feel so depressed and thats not a pot shot at the people that post in there it's just the nature of the forum,there coming back and were going.
good luck
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:47 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
i think everyone feels like that it's just fear of the unknown,i don't think your doing yourself any favours going in the return to the uk forum,I've only been in the place a couple of times and it always makes me feel so depressed and thats not a pot shot at the people that post in there it's just the nature of the forum,there coming back and were going.
good luck

jonni boy talking sense
what next mate
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:49 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
jonni boy talking sense
what next mate
i know matey i've had a rush of blood or something don't worry it won't last
Old Feb 4th 2006, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all

Hi thanks all for your support, as I sit here freezing cold with the heating on high! and another exciting day inside the house I can think of lots of good reasons that we want to return for. I think I am scared about telling family again too, especially my mum who is a widow, and having been and returned, they all think we are back for good,. So that doesn't help me at the mo.
Yes we will go back to where we were which was the sunshine coast Caloundra. It was beautiful and we met some lovely people and found a great school too. When I think of the UK long term for us and the kids I know Australia has a lot more to offer us. I think we had to come back to see what we were missing, or not as the case may be!

I completely understand your position. I suffer from the grass is greener syndrome !!! And there is not a day goes by when i think of London. But if you get that gut feeling that you can't explain saying to come back to Oz you should follow it. And maybe cos you have returned back to the U.k it will be easier this time.
I am in Caloundra at the moment and it's a complete culture shock for me But there are those good days when my husband comes back from work and we all go for a walk with our 2 yr old to shelly beach in the late afternoon...Priceless.
Plus there is nothing to say that you can't fly home every once in a while and get spoilt rotten and really appreciate the U.k.
Hope that helps
Old Feb 5th 2006, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

I am feeling like a complete nutter at the moment and would value fellow bx pats comments.
We were in oz, came back, nagged husband to go back, hes agreed and just submitted his police application to Queensland police. Now for all the months of despair of feeling desperate to return I now feel scared and worried are we doing the right thing!! I am so confused I wanted it so badly and now its possible I'm thinking, is that what we really want. someone on the return to UK forum said emigrating is like Pandora's box once you open it things will never be the same again and it is so true. I just want to feel settled and lead a normal life! Do you think I'm having a normal reaction, or am I truly being a nutter!!
I had very unsettled feeling when our visas were granted, but now I have moved here - Brisbane north at the moment and looking to buy up around the Sunshine Coast I know it is right. Hopefully when you return you will feel the same.