Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Importing a stove

Importing a stove

Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:27 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing a stove

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
We bought this Belling from HN here as an off the floor special when they changed from Clive Peeters for $1750. Really enjoying the induction top, tis a joy to use.

http://www.prestigeappliances.com.au...-hotplate.html

They only cost 700 quid in the UK though. So 700 dollars at current exchange rates cheaper than the cheapest possible price in Aus.... probably makes a 300 dollar difference landed ?
Its difficult to give a definative answer cos it would depend on how much the space in the container would cost, then the import duty would be differnt to ours cos all up we spent under 1500 quid, due to some ermm extra bits
All up ours was just over 3 and a half K all up. Same stove (JUST the stove, no extractor or splash back in HN) was 9k. We obviously got very lucky with the exchange rate too!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 5:10 am
Just Joined

buster10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We are looking at importing a Belling stove from the UK can anyone tell us if the gas types are the same, cost of importing, where we find information on custom clearance/charges? THankyou
Old Jul 1st 2012, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by buster10
Hi
We are looking at importing a Belling stove from the UK can anyone tell us if the gas types are the same, cost of importing, where we find information on custom clearance/charges? THankyou
Is it really that much cheaper to do??
Old Jul 1st 2012, 6:47 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Is it really that much cheaper to do??
So you haven't read the rest of the thread then?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cresta57
So you haven't read the rest of the thread then?
Nope!

Will do shortly..
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:03 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope!

Will do shortly..
Hev's saved about 6 k by importing her stove, 9k from hardly normal 3k to import a win I'd say. Mind she spent the 6 she saved on meat pies at some weird footie she watches..........................
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

They are pretty costly! 10-14k for a stove is shocking!

I will make sure I buy a house with one fitted!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Importing a stove

They are pretty costly! 10-14k for a stove is shocking!

I will make sure I buy a house with one fitted!
all houses in Oz have a stove fitted even if you are renting...........
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Mickey-T will become famous soon enough

If it was AGA approved....not a problem.

If not, you would need to pay an inspector from your Australian gas supplier to inspect and approve the stove. That would cost you about $200.

A stove coming from UK would not be a problem. Some imports from places like India, do pose problems due to lack of flame failure devices etc. If your gas fitter installed it and signed it off....happy days. If it doesn't comply, it is his problem now, and not yours. You are the consumer, and as long as you have the gas completion paperwork, you are covered.

I am in the process of importing a commercial stove from UK at a fraction of the cost of Aussie prices, I am a gas fitter, and will need to pay for the Aussie inspection to make it legal to be installed in Oz.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 4:02 am
Just Joined

rowey77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I am interested in importing a ilve 90cm cooktop from the uk..
I have found a guy on ebay that is willing to ship to australia, he has asked for the gas fittings that i will need (His question below)

Please don't forget to tell me the type of gas you'll use because of the nozzles (bottled or natural and pressures). In Europe the standard pressure of bottled gas is 30/37 mbar and the standard pressure of natural gas is 20 mbar. If you have natural gas with 10 mbar, I'll put the rright nozzles in the package.

Obviously we are NG here in australia but i dont know what pressure we are? Can anyone help me out?

Also if you have somewhere else i might be about to get a cooktop cheaper in the uk that ships to australia please let me know

P.s. love this thread!!
Old Jul 4th 2012, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Mickey-T will become famous soon enough

Hi Rowey

I've installed quite a few Ilve cooktops here in Perth, so I'm sure you wont have a problem. At the end of the day, if you're on natural gas, you will need natural gas injectors/nozzles/jets.

The gas pressure in the pipework is immaterial, as all appliances need to be fitted with a regulator (normally provided with the appliance, but not always). This regulator limits the gas supply going into the appliance to 1kpa.

LPG is completely different as the incoming supply is 2.75 kpa, so make sure you stipulate which gas supply you have, and then you won't have a problem.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

KingsthorpeDavid will become famous soon enough

Buy an Ozpig!
See:

http://www.ozpig.com.au/

I luv mine.

Last edited by KingsthorpeDavid; Jul 5th 2012 at 9:17 am.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shenni
all houses in Oz have a stove fitted even if you are renting...........
I remember when in England we used to take the kitchen oven with us when we sold a house. This does not happen in OZ and btw it is called the stove down here.

KD
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

AGA Shop Australia may interest?

http://www.agashopaustralia.com/

KD