Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Importing a stove

Importing a stove

Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: Importing a stove

can you please tell me who do you use for sending such large items over and is it easy to get through customs

also how long are you expecting it to take

cheers steve
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:03 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We used Robinsons removals in aylesbury and ordered through www.rangecookers.co.uk. They delivered the goods to Robinsons within a week. Robinsons checked it over before signing for it then they made a crate for its long journey. It will leave next week and should dock in Mellie the last week Nov/ first week December.

Robinsons deal with this type of stuff all of the time and the guy says they ship stoves to Australia very often.

Customs is no issue as the paper work is all done via Robinsons, I had to send a copy of my passport and we will also get VAT back once it arrives to our home.

Friends of ours did it two years ago, no issues, other friends of ours stove arrived in dock last monday. Customs has contacted them already and will take delivery of theirs on friday (this is all a door to door service) The gas plumber is lined up and its ready to go
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hevs
Also how would your insurers prove anything and also what about everything we ship over when we come? Toasters, hoovers kettles, fridges washers etc etc.
There is no difference!
There is a difference - it is the outrageous prices that we as customers get slugged over here in Australia.

I had a friend enquire about shipping a Rangemaster over here for me and the shop assistant told her "The wiring is different in Australia" and that they cant ship it. Talk about a load of bollocks.

It is all brought out of the same factory in China. Some rolls go to UK and some come to Australia. I will certainly be buying my Rangemaster when I am over in the UK next year and be shipping it back home to Australia.

Barney
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

[QUOTE=hevs;9663007]Hi

We used Robinsons removals in aylesbury and ordered through www.rangecookers.co.uk. They delivered the goods to Robinsons within a week. Robinsons checked it over before signing for it then they made a crate for its long journey. It will leave next week and should dock in Mellie the last week Nov/ first week December.

Hi hevs

would you be able to give me the contact details for Robinsons removals. I certainly would like to have my Rangemaster over here before next year so i'd like to make contact with them to find out the details for getting the stove.

Kind Regards

Barney
Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

I was just asking and insurance investigators can prove just about anything as they love to get out of paying for claims. The main issue as to the difference between appliances would be the issue of gas. I would be scared of invalidating my insurance and that is why I asked. No different than a car insurer refusing to pay out on a claim if UK car seats are in the car. I would love to save the money and get the exact oven I want from the UK but just want to be legal and make sure I would still be covered from an insurance point of view.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm I'm buying a Belling from Clive Peeters Coburg.... Soon to be Harvey Norman. I'm buying all of my Electricals from them in one hit. Thats a Samsung Bubble Washing Machine. Two 7 Kwh Mitsubishi RC air cons. Westinghouse 700l Fridge/Freezer, Bosch Classic Dishwasher. Westinghouse Rangehood and a LG 32l Steam/convection/Microwave and this... So as to maximise my bartering power.

Belling 60cm electric Dual oven with Induction cooktop.

I'm aiming to get all of the above for less than 11K. I'm in the Mid 11k's with them at present. I've looked at that UK URL above and can see it would be 1300 Aud or thereabouts in the UK.... So how much was shipping and delivery. I'm pretty sure they cant match the price even if they jumped through all the hoops available. I'm going to let them know about the UK price though.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 7th 2011 at 10:41 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hmmm I'm buying a Belling from Clive Peeters Coburg.... Soon to be Harvey Norman. I'm buying all of my Electricals from them in one hit. Thats a Samsung Bubble Washing Machine. Two 7 Kwh Mitsubishi RC air cons. Westinghouse 700l Fridge/Freezer, Bosch Classic Dishwasher. Westinghouse Rangehood and a LG 32l Steam/convection/Microwave and this... So as to maximise my bartering power.

http://www.prestigeappliances.com.au...d/1/FSE60i.png

I'm aiming to get all of the above for less than 11K. I'm in the Mid 11k's with them at present. I've looked at that UK URL above and can see it would be 1300 Aud or thereabouts in the UK.... So how much was shipping and delivery. I'm pretty sure they cant match the price even if they jumped through all the hoops available. I'm going to let them know about the UK price though.
For information Ozz, our Clive Peeters just did the change over to HN and had an 'everything must go' sale first. Everything was 25-30% off until it had all gone, then they were shut for a couple of days and reopened as HN. I would have assumed they'd just change over and keep selling the same stock so worth bearing in mind.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:04 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148

It is all brought out of the same factory in China. Some rolls go to UK and some come to Australia. :
Stoves are actually made in the UK (alledgedly!) BUT its worth doing your homework on forums etc to see which brands/ modles etc get the worse write ups for after sales problems (obviously )
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:09 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by PunkDebutante
I was just asking and insurance investigators can prove just about anything as they love to get out of paying for claims. The main issue as to the difference between appliances would be the issue of gas. I would be scared of invalidating my insurance and that is why I asked. No different than a car insurer refusing to pay out on a claim if UK car seats are in the car. I would love to save the money and get the exact oven I want from the UK but just want to be legal and make sure I would still be covered from an insurance point of view.
What issue with gas? Its gas? Its supplied with the regulator, its not like we are plumbing it ourselves with some gaffa tape! Its the same fitting weather you pay $9k from Harvey norman or $3K from the UK. Id also like to see how, if a fire actually started from the regulator, they could prove that it was any different, or that you bought it from the UK and didnt shell out to HN cos I dont think thats a crime in itself......... Although Jerry Harvey would love to make it so....(or that it wasnt in the house when you moved in yadda yadda. Seriously, our existing stove is dangerous, it was put in in the 70's and you need matches to light it, it doesnt always turn off, theres no temp guage and the door doesnt shut properly. Belive me, it cannot be any less safe.
Next you'll be telling me I cant wire a plug...oh, wait.....

Last edited by hevs; Oct 10th 2011 at 11:16 am.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:14 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

http://www.prestigeappliances.com.au...d/1/FSE60i.png

Our stove (huge 110 cm range thing with gas top cos we have so many power outs in these bloody hills!) hood and splash back was "pound sign" 1730. The shipping was 450 plus about 80 insurance. We pay import duty this end obviously, but we can claim all of our VAT back once it arrives.
Might be worth you getting a washing machine too We did price matches on a dish washer cos our other one has died, but there was only about $50 in it and decided that the warranty was more valuable to us.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

[QUOTE=POW148;9663457]
Hi

Hi hevs

would you be able to give me the contact details for Robinsons removals. I certainly would like to have my Rangemaster over here before next year so i'd like to make contact with them to find out the details for getting the stove.

Kind Regards

Barney
[email protected]

FAO it to John Robinson
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

What issue with gas? Its gas? Its supplied with the regulator, its not like we are plumbing it ourselves with some gaffa tape! Its the same fitting weather you pay $9k from Harvey norman or $3K from the UK. Id also like to see how, if a fire actually started from the regulator, they could prove that it was any different, or that you bought it from the UK and didnt shell out to HN cos I dont think thats a crime in itself......... Although Jerry Harvey would love to make it so....(or that it wasnt in the house when you moved in yadda yadda. Seriously, our existing stove is dangerous, it was put in in the 70's and you need matches to light it, it doesnt always turn off, theres no temp guage and the door doesnt shut properly. Belive me, it cannot be any less safe.
Next you'll be telling me I cant wire a plug...oh, wait.....
Wow, you are taking a simple question and completely blowing it out of proportion. I would seriously love to import one from the UK and simply asked a question that had come up when we spoke to insurers. Also, we struggled to find a gas fitter in Brisbane who would hook one up since it wasn't an Aussie one with an AGA number. I just asked a question and you flipped.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Check out this HUGE thread for importing of kitchen appliances & furniture from UK (miele, Natuzzi & more)

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1614240

search for 'THE PROCESS PART 1' if you just want the process & figures.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 6:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by PunkDebutante
Wow, you are taking a simple question and completely blowing it out of proportion. I would seriously love to import one from the UK and simply asked a question that had come up when we spoke to insurers. Also, we struggled to find a gas fitter in Brisbane who would hook one up since it wasn't an Aussie one with an AGA number. I just asked a question and you flipped.
Flipped? Maybe I should use more of these when I type late at night
I wasnt "flipping" anything....just incredulous that there was seemingly an issue when its a fairly popular thing to be doing....
Old Oct 11th 2011, 6:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by treefingers
Check out this HUGE thread for importing of kitchen appliances & furniture from UK (miele, Natuzzi & more)

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1614240

search for 'THE PROCESS PART 1' if you just want the process & figures.
Thats a brilliant thread, made me lol at the "most Aussies wouldnt know they were being ripped off" bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.