importing dogs

Old Jan 26th 2005, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: isle of man,british isles,soon to be portland,victoria
linzib is on a distinguished road
Question importing dogs

Can anyone give me any advice on bringing our dog to oz. we will be relocating in about 12 weeks and need to get in touch with a good pet export company. And does anyone know the costs, the few I've looked at are quoting £3,000. please help.thanks linzi
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:12 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: importing dogs

Originally Posted by linzib
Can anyone give me any advice on bringing our dog to oz. we will be relocating in about 12 weeks and need to get in touch with a good pet export company. And does anyone know the costs, the few I've looked at are quoting £3,000. please help.thanks linzi
You have left it a bit late, has he chipped and vaccinated?
Golden Arrow shippers in the UK are pretty good, they help you with paperwork, but you have to get a import licence from OZ before he can go and bloodtests done a certain time before his flight, you should ring them asap, do a search and the number will be there somewhere. They help with all the forms it really does make it easier for you.
Its all got to be done in a certain time order, and if you have had a lepto vaccination done recently his blood tests will fail. I paid about £1200 for my pooch, very tiny though and another $700 for the kennels over here.

Jenny
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

We used golden arrow for our two dogs (border and a small mutt) the transport cost were ₤3300 (ish) :scared: . Blood tests were additional ₤298 and quarantine bill $1100 additional vet bill for heartworm injections $300.

Sam
Old Jan 27th 2005, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

dawn kirbyshire is an unknown quantity at this point

would be worth your doing a search on this since its been on quite recently and there's some good advice. i still intend to do my two airedales myself. all the paperwork and some excellent advice is downloadable from both ba links and dimia links. your vet will understand what is needed then you only neeed to contact the airline to arrange suitable flights and buy the crate, which must be regulation. all the info is on the web; www.aqis.gov.au mainly. you can also visit the web sites of the quarantine kennels. once your dog goes on the plane he is looked after by the airline and then picked up by quarantine so have a think about what you are expecting an export company to do for you. if you can read and have a nice vet you could save a lot of money. good luck.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: importing dogs

Originally Posted by jensteve
You have left it a bit late, has he chipped and vaccinated?
Golden Arrow shippers in the UK are pretty good, they help you with paperwork, but you have to get a import licence from OZ before he can go and bloodtests done a certain time before his flight, you should ring them asap, do a search and the number will be there somewhere. They help with all the forms it really does make it easier for you.
Its all got to be done in a certain time order, and if you have had a lepto vaccination done recently his blood tests will fail. I paid about £1200 for my pooch, very tiny though and another $700 for the kennels over here.

Jenny
THANKS JENNY,
OUR DOG IS ALREADY CHIPPED AND UP-TO-DATE WITH VACCINATIONS SO WE SHOULD BE OKAY. THE REASON WHY WE HAVE SUCH A SHORT TIME LIMIT IS DUE TO A JOB OFFER THAT IS WHY WE ARE GOING SO SOON. I'LL LOOK FOR THE COMPANY ON THE NET. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP. AND I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING YOUR NEW LIFE IN OZ.
LINZI
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sam&molly
We used golden arrow for our two dogs (border and a small mutt) the transport cost were ₤3300 (ish) :scared: . Blood tests were additional ₤298 and quarantine bill $1100 additional vet bill for heartworm injections $300.

Sam
THANKS FOR THE INFO SAM.
LINZI
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dawn kirbyshire
would be worth your doing a search on this since its been on quite recently and there's some good advice. i still intend to do my two airedales myself. all the paperwork and some excellent advice is downloadable from both ba links and dimia links. your vet will understand what is needed then you only neeed to contact the airline to arrange suitable flights and buy the crate, which must be regulation. all the info is on the web; www.aqis.gov.au mainly. you can also visit the web sites of the quarantine kennels. once your dog goes on the plane he is looked after by the airline and then picked up by quarantine so have a think about what you are expecting an export company to do for you. if you can read and have a nice vet you could save a lot of money. good luck.
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE DAWN
LINZI