Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road
Default Re: car export

Have a look at this thread.........

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Import
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:46 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grays
Have a look at this thread.........

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Import
No, please don't... that version is well out of date now. It has been revised many times since then and the correct link was posted in #4

Importing your car to Australia

Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
I think you'll be more likely to get good responses to this question if you started a new thread about it with a relevant title. This thread is supposed to be about the visa itself, not random shipping questions.

I'm sure there are dozens of folk out there who could answer your question who never look at this thread.
I'll move it into a thread in the Lifestyle section
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:47 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll move it into a thread in the Lifestyle section
Ah Polly, they knew what they were doing when they made you a moderator.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Importing Cars

we bought our 06 nissan navara over and it cost me £1400 shipping and nearly $3000 in gst,inport duties and all the other port charges then another $3000 to get it road worthy tested plates rego etc etc.took about 3 months to get our hands on it.for us it was worth it as the garages in the uk offered over £10,000 less than what i paid for it.be prepared for a long and costly process
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:56 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bigAPE
These are the figures I have come up with based on a very rough Australian value of ~A$16,000. PLEASE keep in mind that this is a very rough estimate as almost all Range rovers here in Australia are of the 4.0L variety and almost all are the high end Vogue variant.

Just deduct a chunk from the shipping if you're planning on shipping it in your own container. On paper you would come out on top, but not by much and that margin could be a fantasy. Just because there are a few Range Rovers on the Used market here right now doesn't mean that they are selling. As with most countries in the world Australia is feeling the effects of a global financial crisis. What I have seen here are a lot of families ditching their large 4X4's and European sports cars to raise capital and this could easily be the driver behind the higher prices for this marque.

Al

Many Thanks Big Ape,

I had no intention of making any money, as long as the total cost was not far in excess of what i could buy one for. as you know when you buy a second hand car, you're never sure of what you get and you always spend money on it. if i bring my own and it works out the same, then at least i know i got a good un.

Once Again, Thankyou for the work you have done.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

hwilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this, and for previous replies. I had not thought about these hidden costs. I will have to rethink the situation. We are probably a year away from our 143 visa, so maybe the resell value will have picked up by then.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

there is also a l v t (luxury vehicle tax) that applies to certain makes, there was a guy at customs at brisbane port sent me out a whole breakdown of costs when i was thinking of shipping my mercedes, this is on top of import duty and gst ,ive since deleted the e-mail ,it cost so much i just forgot about the idea of it there and then,i think it was 2grand for a 15 grand or something like that but there is def a lvt also
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hwilson
Hi,
Because the second hand car market is so poor, I was also thinking about taking both mine and my wife's cars. I had checked the internet and found it would be about £950 for each car. An earlier posting talked about import duties, MOT etc. Does anyone have any idea of the all-in cost?

Hugh
Plenty of threads on here about it together with accurate spreadsheets.

I can assure it is is nothing like £950 per car. Average is about £5,000 per car but can be a lot more and far more hassle than you think.

All depends on the car but for the VAST majority it is not worth it.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Wishaw2Brisbane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hwilson
Thanks for this, and for previous replies. I had not thought about these hidden costs. I will have to rethink the situation. We are probably a year away from our 143 visa, so maybe the resell value will have picked up by then.
Waiting a year will not help the resell value. Once they depreciate they never recover trust me. I've worked in the motor trade for a long time. The only exception to this would be a classic car.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

All,

I brought a German Car here, new value in UK £25,000, second hand value 2007 approximately £1400. (7 Years Old).

I arranged my own container £1150 (40ft) to the car and furniture, so car used up aft of space.

Conatiner therefore approx $1200
Clean down in Uk, £0 did it myself as I knew customs would charge me again in Aus.
Approval fee $50 must have owned vehicle for min 12 months.
Arrange an agent to clear it through quarantine and customs
Agent fees, storage and customs costs, cleaning costs of the car.
Pits, which is a really easy process and it flew through and I had plates within no time.

The whole lot was approximately $2500.

Now that car here is worth $10000.

Hindsight I would have shipped the car prior to me leaving Aus, so when I arrived I would have minimise the rental of a car.

Its all Too Easy if you ask me.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
All,

I brought a German Car here, new value in UK £25,000, second hand value 2007 approximately £1400. (7 Years Old).

I arranged my own container £1150 (40ft) to the car and furniture, so car used up aft of space.

Conatiner therefore approx $1200
Clean down in Uk, £0 did it myself as I knew customs would charge me again in Aus.
Approval fee $50 must have owned vehicle for min 12 months.
Arrange an agent to clear it through quarantine and customs
Agent fees, storage and customs costs, cleaning costs of the car.
Pits, which is a really easy process and it flew through and I had plates within no time.

The whole lot was approximately $2500.

Now that car here is worth $10000.

Hindsight I would have shipped the car prior to me leaving Aus, so when I arrived I would have minimise the rental of a car.

Its all Too Easy if you ask me.
What were your costs for ADR?

As for all too easy, I'm not sure of that at all.

And what valued at £25k when new drops to £1400 after 7 years - few cars would ever drop that much. Was it a Trabant?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice
Default bringing vw

Dear all, quick one here. have a 13 year old vw camper have been trying to sell but like everything else hard to make real money on anything these days. was now wondering how much to bring to wa? Its worth bout £3000
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Three threads in a couple of days - I've merged them so people don't have to keep repeating themselves
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:48 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, just look at Audi and BMW prices from new 1998 and now in 2007, do you think they only lose 10%...

look at autotrader.co.uk for an education.

Originally Posted by slipshot
What were your costs for ADR?

As for all too easy, I'm not sure of that at all.

And what valued at £25k when new drops to £1400 after 7 years - few cars would ever drop that much. Was it a Trabant?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.