Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Important To Do List in Melbourne

Important To Do List in Melbourne

Old May 8th 2005, 6:41 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Red face Important To Do List in Melbourne

We are hoping to arrive in Melbourne in August of this year and would like to ask if anyone could help out with the important things to do on arrival there. By that I mean medicare and so on. We've got a bit of any idea of what's what but just want to check if we have forgotten anything. Any hints and help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Lorraine
Old May 8th 2005, 8:05 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Important To Do List in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
We are hoping to arrive in Melbourne in August of this year and would like to ask if anyone could help out with the important things to do on arrival there. By that I mean medicare and so on. We've got a bit of any idea of what's what but just want to check if we have forgotten anything. Any hints and help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Lorraine

Medicare
Tax File Number
Bank Account
E Tag ( If driving into city a lot )
Buying a car
Renting a house
Look for a job
Which footy team to support.
Old May 8th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bordy
Medicare
Tax File Number
Bank Account
Buying a car
Renting a house
Look for a job
What's E Tag? Can you remind me how we get a tax file number and register with medicare?

Thanks for this - hubby flies out tomorrow and don't really know what we're doing.
Old May 8th 2005, 8:25 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip
What's E Tag? Can you remind me how we get a tax file number and register with medicare?

Thanks for this - hubby flies out tomorrow and don't really know what we're doing.
An e-tag is for the electronic tolls
Old May 8th 2005, 8:35 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Medicare
Tax File Number
Bank Account
Buying a car
Renting a house
Look for a job
Bordy,

Sad Muppet that I am I will always be a SAINTS supporter (Southampton FC)

But as we are changing to a different way of life i will have to get into the AFL.

Stu
Old May 8th 2005, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
An e-tag is for the electronic tolls
Thanks fraser - my kids love your spiderman.
Old May 8th 2005, 8:53 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip
Thanks fraser - my kids love your spiderman.

No worries
Old May 8th 2005, 9:09 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Medicare
Tax File Number
Bank Account
Buying a car
Renting a house
Look for a job

Thanks Bordy that's really helpful, will print that off and keep it safe, cheers!
Old May 9th 2005, 12:06 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
Bordy,

Sad Muppet that I am I will always be a SAINTS supporter (Southampton FC)

But as we are changing to a different way of life i will have to get into the AFL.

Stu
Thats ok, you can barrack for St Kilda here, aka "the saints". They are doing pretty well at the moment too (and the colours arn't too nasty either!!)
Old May 9th 2005, 12:12 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Originally Posted by hevs
Thats ok, you can barrack for St Kilda here, aka "the saints". They are doing pretty well at the moment too (and the colours arn't too nasty either!!)
Hevs,

Better than the Saints are doing here, relagation dogfight next weekend!!!!

Stu
Old May 9th 2005, 10:44 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Any more info please???

stu