Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

importance of email for maintaining contacts in your previous country

importance of email for maintaining contacts in your previous country

Old Aug 16th 2003, 7:52 am
Just Joined

melsey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default importance of email for maintaining contacts in your previous country

As a university student in England, I am currently doing a research project into the use of email and internet by people who have emigrated to another country, and the way it helps them to maintain social contacts with friends and family in their previous country.

I am particularly interested in Australia as a country people emigrate to.

If anyone would be willing to fill out a short questionnaire via email to help me with my research it would be great if you could reply to this.

Thank you!
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:37 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: importance of email for maintaining contacts in your previous country

Originally posted by melsey
As a university student in England, I am currently doing a research project into the use of email and internet by people who have emigrated to another country, and the way it helps them to maintain social contacts with friends and family in their previous country.
Seems bloody obvious to me. You had to go to university to discover that email was a good way to contact people?

We used to have paper once as well, you know. We used to make patterns on it with a sharp pointy thing, fold it up and put it into another piece of paper that was already folded up, scribble patterns on this as well with the same sharp pointy thing, and then put a smaller stickier piece of paper in the corner of the whole lot. People would then open the whole lot, disagree with whatever was scribbled and throw the whole lot away.

There you go, a lesson in history as well!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:32 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: importance of email for maintaining contacts in your previous country

Originally posted by melsey

I am particularly interested in Australia as a country people emigrate to.

If anyone would be willing to fill out a short questionnaire via email to help me with my research it would be great if you could reply to this.

Thank you!
You got that research proposal accepted!? I guess it means you can piss about on the internet all day and call it study. Wait until you get into the real world, smiler.

It's much the same. Except we call it work.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

wow fair play to the old'ens..giving someone grief over their studies..

maybe he/she should quit and go on the dole...?

everything we know is useless in itself unless applied to something else equally as useless..

cheers

richard
Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:29 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

please ignore the idiots on this site, I'd be glad to help